Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A bit Annoyed today!

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
    You can order a much smaller piece... It's aggravating when things like that happen....
    Smaller than 1/4 yd? I don't think so.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I've ordered 0.5 yds. from M* on numerous occasions. But I bet you have some fabric in your stash that would work. Otherwise just make it smaller. That's very pretty fabric. I've made 2 smaller quilts of 20 blocks each (4 x 5) from charms & JRs. Pics are in my albums.

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
        I just looked at that jelly roll. I'm thinking you can find a strip or two in your stash that will blend in . Those pinks and blues and beighes along with those little swiss dots shouldn't be so hard to match up something that won't stand out. I understand about not having more money to spend, so lets just have you look at what you already have.
        I was thinking that same thing! Great minds!
        Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Comment

I made one of those and I don't remember how many strips were in my jelly roll but I sure did have enough. See photo in my albums.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Those prints remind me a little bit of the Nurture line by MODA. Do you have any of that? I have a piece of yardage I'd be glad to cut you some strips. I used it to make a donation quilt border and I'm not sure how much is left. Let me know.
            Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by ucarrieme View Post
              If you read the transcript, she says "Now what you’re going to want to do on these blocks is you’re going to want to, if you have a charm pack, there’s 42 charms in there. And there’s going to be 42 strips as well. That’s going to give you 42 finished blocks which means your quilt is going to be six across by seven down. "
              I was shocked when I watched this and she said a jelly roll has 42 strips. A few do, but most have only 40. I mentioned this to a MSQC employee and I think the word was passed on to Jenny, because she has never said that again!

Comment

Thank you everyone I didn't realize you could order less than yard! I ordered .25 yard of Color Daze with shipping! $2.49
                Carrie

Comment

Thank you everyone I didn't realize you could order less than yard! I ordered .25 yard of Color Daze with shipping! $2.49
                  Don't you just love a happy ending! So pleased for you and hope your frustration has ebbed a bit now that you've found a solution.

Comment

This made me smile this morning! All of the wonderful people here who jumped in to help! To heck with the politicians -- we need a QUILTER in the White House!

Comment

Originally posted by peepers613 View Post
                      This made me smile this morning! All of the wonderful people here who jumped in to help! To heck with the politicians -- we need a QUILTER in the White House!
                      Jenny Doan for President!
                      Carrie

Comment

I agree - good to see a happy ending -and with free shipping. Can't beat that.
                        Cindy

Comment

Jenny Doan for President!
                          Best idea I have heard all day. If the Doan family can transform Hamilton, image what they could do for the USA.

Be nice.
                          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Working...
                          X