A bit Annoyed today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit Annoyed today!

I started a Square in a Square quilt with Color Daze Laundry Basket by Moda today, I realized that charm pack has 42 charms and the jelly roll only has 40! :-( That means I'm going to order a yard of fabric to make the last two squares! I didn't check when I ordered the jelly roll! I bought the charm pack at a booth at Sew Expo!

Just a bit annoyed that jelly roll didn't come with 42 strips! Let the buyer be aware!

Carrie

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...nts-jelly-roll

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...nts-charm-pack
    Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Re: A bit Annoyed today!

Do you have a quilt shop around that will sell you a smaller piece?
    Barbara
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

Listen....I've not made that quilt yet, but I'm guessing you might have enough fabric if you sew your (same) strips together before you start...? Just a thought....
      Barbara
      http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

Watching the video, it appears Jenny never states how many rows in the quilt, and since there was left over fabric for the scrappy inner border, I'm wondering if perhaps the original quilt was intended to be 36 blocks, and not 42.

Comment

Jelly rolls are always 40 strips. You don't have to buy a whole yard, just 1/4 yd. Wish I had some to give you.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
            Watching the video, it appears Jenny never states how many rows in the quilt, and since there was left over fabric for the scrappy inner border, I'm wondering if perhaps the original quilt was intended to be 36 blocks, and not 42.
            If you read the transcript, she says "Now what you’re going to want to do on these blocks is you’re going to want to, if you have a charm pack, there’s 42 charms in there. And there’s going to be 42 strips as well. That’s going to give you 42 finished blocks which means your quilt is going to be six across by seven down. "
            Carrie

Comment

I really don't have the money to spend on more fabric, I will probably just make it with 36 blocks!
              Carrie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                Jelly rolls are always 40 strips. You don't have to buy a whole yard, just 1/4 yd. Wish I had some to give you.
                Thank you I appreciate that!
                Carrie

Comment

I can't order from MSQC 1/4 yard. I'm not sure I'll be able to find around here!
                  Carrie

Comment

I just looked at that jelly roll. I'm thinking you can find a strip or two in your stash that will blend in . Those pinks and blues and beighes along with those little swiss dots shouldn't be so hard to match up something that won't stand out. I understand about not having more money to spend, so lets just have you look at what you already have.
                    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by ucarrieme View Post
                      If you read the transcript, she says "Now what you’re going to want to do on these blocks is you’re going to want to, if you have a charm pack, there’s 42 charms in there. And there’s going to be 42 strips as well. That’s going to give you 42 finished blocks which means your quilt is going to be six across by seven down. "

Sorry, I had watched it on youtube (no transcript there) and guess I missed that part in the video. I did go back to the tutorial on this website, and read the transcript - well scanned it actually, and I see it now.

Comment

Originally posted by ucarrieme View Post
                        I can't order from MSQC 1/4 yard. I'm not sure I'll be able to find around here!
                        Sure you can. Put in .25 And today is free shipping!
                        Last edited by Hulamoon; July 20, 2016, 06:09 PM.
                        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Yes! As Lorie mentioned Just change the amount to .25 and buy today. I thought the same thing at one time that you have to buy a yard. Then I discovered that was not the case.
                          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I never knew that you could buy less than a yard. Wow!
                            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

You can order a much smaller piece... It's aggravating when things like that happen....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Working...
                              X