UPDATE ON WHY IS MY MACHINE DOING THIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE ON WHY IS MY MACHINE DOING THIS

I posted earlier asking why my machine was squeaking while I was FMQ, I even used my back up machine and still squeaking so I assumed that it was the FMQ foot that I was using. I had some silicone spray that I bought a while back to help me with FMQ. Someone posted to spray this for easier movement. Anyway.....I used the spray on the foot and guess what it stopped squeaking but......eventually the squeak came back. So looks like I need to purchase a new foot at least I know it's not my machine thank goodness. Just FYI if this is happening to you. Mahalo
    sigpicHawaiigrammi

Re: UPDATE ON WHY IS MY MACHINE DOING THIS

Good news.....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I had a cheap generic foot that was squeaky. I got the "brainy idea" to take it apart and oil it. Not only did I find that the reason for the squeak was poor workmanship, but I was also unable to put it back together. So, at great expense I purchased a foot made for my machine. It works much better and doesn't squeak. Learned two lessons on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by quiltsRfun View Post
        I had a cheap generic foot that was squeaky. I got the "brainy idea" to take it apart and oil it. Not only did I find that the reason for the squeak was poor workmanship, but I was also unable to put it back together. So, at great expense I purchased a foot made for my machine. It works much better and doesn't squeak. Learned two lessons on that one.
        That's scarey mine came with my Janome from a dealer now makes me wonder hmmm...
        sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Working...
        X