Serger? Jean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serger? Jean

I know you traded in your Evolve because of the large throat space and excess of threads. lol My daughter is moving back and likes to work with knits and will use the cover stitch, which I never used, so I'm going to give it to her.

So between these two which would you recommend?

http://babylock.com/sergers/compare/...ct_ID=BLE1AT-2

Do you ever use the wave stitch on your machine? And what is Automatic thread delivery? I'm only just thinking about this and haven't gotten to the shop. So I'm bugging you. lol
    🌺 Lorie

Re: Serger? Jean

The Imagine uses the older patent name Jet Air threading where you use vacuum to propell the thread for the loopers with a pump. They say this fails over time, but it hasn't failed me yet on my 25+ year old Eclipse. The Extroidinare threading on the Enlighten has some sort of air pump that is a little different, but does the same thing. I think the Enlighten has the same motor as the 8 thread Evolution has, that's why I bought that model.

The automatic thread delivery is a tension setting that is automatic. No dials to mess with.

I've used the wave stitch, but not that much because I don't work with knits that much. I've used it to edge fleece baby blankets.

Comment

Re: Serger? Jean

Thanks so much! She comes back next month, I'll let her settle a bit and ask if she wants it. I know she wanted one, but she is famous for changing her mind. Infuriating. lol
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
      X