Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is my machine doing this???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Why is my machine doing this???

    So I'm finally bitting through bullet and free motion quilting lol and for some reason my machine won't stop squeaking everything I move my quilt around. I've done a lot of practice on this machine and it never squeaked once now it's contains but only when I'm free motion quilting. Any advice on what it is or what to do??? It's been serviced not to long ago Mahalo Forgot to mention that my quilt is not dragging and is loose and not dragging.
    Last edited by AlohaSandy; July 18, 2016, 01:57 AM.
    sigpicHawaiigrammi

    #2
    Re: Why is my machine doing this???

    The only thing I can think of is that maybe you aren't supporting the weight of the quilt enough and the drag is causing the machine to squeak.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.


    Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Why is my machine doing this???

      Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
      The only thing I can think of is that maybe you aren't supporting the weight of the quilt enough and the drag is causing the machine to squeak.
      I forgot to mention that my quilt is full loose and not dragging. Thanks though
      sigpicHawaiigrammi

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Why is my machine doing this???

        My machine squeeks when the hopping/darning foot gets lint on the spring coil, which then rubs on the shaft of the foot making what sounds bad. See if you need to remove the lint from any areas in your bobbin as well.
        Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

        https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

        https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Why is my machine doing this???

          Originally posted by Deegles View Post
          My machine squeeks when the hopping/darning foot gets lint on the spring coil, which then rubs on the shaft of the foot making what sounds bad. See if you need to remove the lint from any areas in your bobbin as well.
          Ditto - I have to stop and clean out that area of the foot - the squeeking drives me nuts! I have even put the smallest drop of sewing machine oil on it.
          ***Kathy***

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Why is my machine doing this???

            [QUOTE=Deegles;892338]My machine squeeks when the hopping/darning foot gets lint on the spring coil, which then rubs on the shaft of the foot making what sounds bad. See if you need to remove the lint from any areas in your bobbin as well.[/QUOTE

            Mine has squeaked like this before. In addition to cleaning out the lint I have put a small drop of oil in that area as well.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Why is my machine doing this???

              Maybe there is a gecko in there.
              🌺 Lorie

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Why is my machine doing this???

                Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                Maybe there is a gecko in there.
                OR worse a cockroach lol a flying one YUCK
                sigpicHawaiigrammi

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Why is my machine doing this???

                  I would try tightening the foot screw. But it is probably the little spring.
                  Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                  Terry

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Why is my machine doing this???

                    Originally posted by AlohaSandy View Post
                    OR worse a cockroach lol a flying one YUCK
                    OMG!!! As if cockroaches aren't bad enough, God had to make one that can fly. I literally cried the first time I saw one. I just knew it was the end of the world as we knew it.
                    K is for Karen 😊​..................
                    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.


                    Before you speak,
                    T - is it TRUE?
                    H - is it HELPFUL?
                    I - is it INSPIRING?
                    N - is it NECESSARY?
                    K - is it KIND?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Why is my machine doing this???

                      I hate, hate, hate cockroaches. Brings back memories that I'd rather forget of living in apartments in New York City and Philadelphia where I had problems with those creatures. Yuck and double yuck.
                      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Why is my machine doing this???

                        Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                        OMG!!! As if cockroaches aren't bad enough, God had to make one that can fly. I literally cried the first time I saw one. I just knew it was the end of the world as we knew it.
                        Me too walking out into the garage having to duck lol
                        sigpicHawaiigrammi

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Why is my machine doing this???

                          Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
                          I hate, hate, hate cockroaches. Brings back memories that I'd rather forget of living in apartments in New York City and Philadelphia where I had problems with those creatures. Yuck and double yuck.
                          Lol can't get rid of them here there everywhere yuvky
                          sigpicHawaiigrammi

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Why is my machine doing this???

                            Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                            I would try tightening the foot screw. But it is probably the little spring.
                            Where is the foot screw and what little spring is that on the FMQ foot
                            sigpicHawaiigrammi

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Why is my machine doing this???

                              Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                              OMG!!! As if cockroaches aren't bad enough, God had to make one that can fly. I literally cried the first time I saw one. I just knew it was the end of the world as we knew it.
                              FYI -- At the New York Museum of History there is a huge mural in one of the hallways showing a prehistoric time period; in the lower right area of this wall to ceiling mural is a ... yep you guessed it: a cockroach! Them things have been around a long time --- according to that mural!
                              Blessings, DramaMama


                              "May your bobbin always be full!"

                              Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
                              http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X