Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Kaffe Fassett event is coming to Colorado! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Kaffe Fassett event is coming to Colorado! :)

I just read that Lyons Quilting is hosting a Kaffe Fassett event in November with a lecture & a couple classes! Brandon Mably will be here by himself for this event. I'd love to attend, but it all will depend on the status of DH's health at that time. It's really difficult for him when I go somewhere for all day. He feels very vulnerable when left alone for several hrs. The classes are 9:30-4:30, & the lecture is in the evening. (I rarely go out in the evening.) The classes are very expensive, but I'd love to take one of them. The lecture is only $20. There will be a lot of KF quilts on display. My guess is people better sign up early. Has anyone taken any of their classes? Did you feel like it was worth the money?

Re: A Kaffe Fassett event is coming to Colorado!

Where in Colorado?

Comment

Lyons, CO. You can check out their web site or facebook page for Lyons Quilting.

Comment

I hope you can figure out a way to make it there.
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Would be interesting to attend, but Lyons is a bit of a drive.

Comment

I was thinking that Jean had taken a class/lecture from K Fassett a while back. You might check with her.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
              I was thinking that Jean had taken a class/lecture from K Fassett a while back. You might check with her.
              I missed out on the workshop at M* with Kaffe, it sold out in a nanosecond and I was overseas when they posted it. But I did attend Kaffe's lecture which was brilliant! You will learn so much about color, value and combining design elements from a short bit of time with these expert designers.

I love Brandon's houses! Makes me think of little seaside towns in Europe.

Comment

Would it be possible for someone to come stay with him while you are gone? As much as we love our husbands, sometimes having a break as a caretaker can do wonders to help the caretaker. Grandma rarely let anyone watch Grandpa besides her, which lead to her being worn down.

Comment

JCY - I went to the Kaffe workshop when they were at MSQ and it was wonderful - expensive, but wonderful! Learned a lot about color, patterns, and Brandon was great (he did most of the class, although Kaffe was there too). At the lecture, it was all Kaffe and very interesting to hear about his early days as a painter, the evolution to yarn/textiles and see all the wonderful things he has made in each area. Well worth the money if you only get to do the lecture. I hope you get to go!

Comment

The lecture is only $20., which IMO is very reasonable. I think the classes are $190. The classroom has room for only so many people, so I'm sure that will sell out early. The lecture is in a much larger venue; there will be a lot of quilts on display. The Lyons quilt store stocks a lot of KF fabrics. DH goes to bed at 6 p.m., so I might be able to attend the eve. lecture. Only time will tell if anything works out for me. Not sure DH would accept an all-day "babysitter". Only the good Lord knows if he'll even still be alive by Fall!

Comment

Working...
                    X