Pfaff thread cutter problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pfaff thread cutter problems

I have a Pfaff performance 5 I just bought this spring. It was having trouble with the cutter at times. Sometimes it would not cut the bobbin or it would just stick after cutting. After having problems it would make a terrible clanking sound when I started sewing sometimes.

I took it in and they took it apart to check it. The motor that drives the little cutter was the problem. She replaced it with a new motor. I will get it back tomorrow and we will see how it sews.

I wanted to let ya'll know in case anyone else has had this problem.

Re: Pfaff thread cutter problems

My new Singer makes a really loud noise when the thread cutter is used. I am not accustomed to having one, so it doesn't make any difference to me whether it works or not.

Comment

I love my Pfaff and that includes the cutter. The only time I have an issue is when I need to clean the lint out . As for noise it is motor driven thats the sound you hear when the cutter engages. Not particularly loud just a noise when it cuts.
      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
      Sigmund Freud

Comment

Oh it still makes a noise when it cuts, but it does not get stuck now. She replaced the motor and said it had a bad one.
        The little mechanism around the cutting blade that actually pushed the blade in and out was getting stuck under the area near the needle. It would actually just sit there and when I started sewing again the horrible grinding noise was the mechanism being shoved back and the motor grinding. It was very loud and not at all a good sound. So glad to have it fixed!

Comment

Working...
        X