Jenny's Friday Tutorial?!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenny's Friday Tutorial?!!!!!!

Wow, this is the first Friday early morning that I haven't seen Jenny's new tutorial on the forum ready to view. Here it is!

https://youtu.be/9Y0dIM37mwE

I agree with Jenny....great scrappy quilt!
    Last edited by shermur; July 15, 2016, 02:38 AM.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Re: Jenny's Friday Tutorial?!!!!!!

Well that's quite different isn't it.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by shermur View Post
      Wow, this is the first Friday early morning that I haven't seen Jenny's new tutorial on the forum ready to view. Here it is!

https://youtu.be/9Y0dIM37mwE

I agree with Jenny....great scrappy quilt!

Hehehe, I am on vacation and have a sleep in. ;-)
      sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
      A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
      And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Swedish leo View Post
        LOL....I wondered what happened to you, sweetie! I was so surprised very early this morning when I looked and no new tutorial? Enjoy your vacation, Swedish leo! I have forgotten what a vacation is......
        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Have a great vacation, Annika! The new tutorial is really cute and perfect for scraps. There is a lot of snowballing. I think making the inner border narrower and the outer border wider would improve the proportion of the quilt a bit.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hope you are enjoying your vacation Annika!!

I really like this tutorial. I think it would make a great scrap buster or to tap into our stash and make a colorful, happy quilt.
            Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Oh, yes. I definitely have the scraps to make this one!
              And I was even thinking of staggering the blocks and even perhaps making the sashing a bit larger giving it a more floating appearance (no cornerstones).
              This one seems like it would be fun to do and go together quickly.
              Yes, there's all that snowballing; but once you get past that, it's pretty easy.
              I'm adding this one to my list.

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
              The Farmmyfarm

Comment

I really like this one, and hope to give it a try... But, mine will be much smaller....baby or kid sized.... and probably won't have borders...

This is a perfect quilt pattern for scraps... I can even see it as a leader/ender project...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Love this scrappy quilt--so fresh and fun!! Just a hint for those of us who have a Babylock Crescendo. The laser light makes marking or pressing the snowball square unnecessary. This is a real time saver and helps my seams be more accurate.

Comment

I think I will do this one with Christmas fabric and scraps.
                    "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
                    Hillary Clinton

Comment

I like this one also! Don't know when i have the time to do it. On the List!!!

Comment

If I was going to make this quilt I'd snowball the corners of the pinwheel with a different color from the background so the diamond stands out. The quilt could be made scrappy but I'd use darks for the pinwheels and med/lights for the rest of the strips. This could also be done in just a few colors. That way it would still be scrappy just using less colors.
                        Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; July 15, 2016, 10:51 AM.
                        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

So many of Jenny's tuts involve snowballing, which is not one of my favorite things to do. Not sure if I'll ever make this one.

Comment

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
                            I really like this one, and hope to give it a try... But, mine will be much smaller....baby or kid sized.... and probably won't have borders...

This is a perfect quilt pattern for scraps... I can even see it as a leader/ender project...
                            Sandy, thanks for that excellent idea! I am running out of leader/enders and didn't have a good idea of what to do next. You are right, and what an easy painless way to do all that snowballing! Pure genius!

Comment

Originally posted by Swedish leo View Post

HA! I watched it this morning after not seeing the post from you, Swedish leo; but I dared not post it cause I knew that was your gracious honor and I didn't want to take that away from you!

Enjoy your vacation!

btw -- normally don't care to snowball corners cause I think I would get bored with the process, but this one seems like it would go quickly.
                              Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
                              http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

Working...
                              X