Why Not Share?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Not Share?

First, let me say this is not happening on this forum, but another quilt forum I frequent. Someone posted a picture of a quilt made from a jelly roll. I know I've seen the quilt before, in a magazine or catalog. I asked the OP which jelly roll she used and the source of the pattern. She refuses to share that info. Now, if it were an original design, I could understand, but this isn't original. Why not share this info? I'm at a loss to understand this. Opinions?

Re: Why Not Share?

I have made a few of Jenny's quilts, but I almost always use a different fabric collection than the one she demonstrates with. By doing so, I feel that my quilt is a little bit unique from everyone else's (although I love Jenny's fabric choices). So perhaps this other person feels similiar in that while the pattern may not be unique, or the fabric collection either, but at least the combination is and hopes to keep it that way by not sharing the info.

Comment

Can we please see the picture?

Comment

Some people are just weird that way. They want what they have to be unique. same with recipes, theirs is always a "secret".
        If you could show a picture I'm sure someone here could help you figure it out.
        β€œWhat we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

But isn't that true of all quilts we make that aren't from a kit? They're all a bit different. I'm flattered when someone asks and happy to share.

Comment

I was reluctant to post the picture as there are cross-over members, but, I figured it out. It's a log cabin block, cut diagonally, then the triangles are rearranged. The fabric would be easy to find or would work in any color combo. Here's the picture.opt.JPG

Comment

I agree... Some people are just weird that way.... Her reluctance to share was dilly, because just about any experienced quilter coukd figure out his to duplicate it...

Some people won't share recipes, too....

I'm always hsppy to share whatever I have, or know... Part of the fun, lies in being able to "pass it on"... Right?

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I see no reason to NOT share that info. If somebody liked a quilt of mine so much they wanted to make one I would be flattered, like Sally Field's famous speech, "You like me. You really really like me!" But no one has ever liked my quilts that much--I am still trying to reach the top of that mountain!

Comment

I know which forum you speak of. I avoid it like the plague, too much spite rolling around.

Comment

I think it's a framed square cut diagonally. Half of the blocks have a dark center alternating with light and the other half have a light center alternating with dark. You have the center and two rounds on each block. The fabrics appear to be batiks, but could be made with any fabric as long as there is good contrast.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I saw that thread earlier today, and I'm sorry, but unless she contacted you directly, I don't see where she "refused" to share. It actually appears that your inquiry was made after her last post, so it's very likely she hasn't even seen your post yet. Don't be too quick to feel slighted, most likely she got the advice/suggestions she requested and may not even return to the thread again.

Comment

Caroline -- I'm not the one who asked her for the info. So, I'm sorry, but don't make assumptions about me feeling "slighted" or anything else. My post here was a general observation that I've had for awhile and that post just brought it to mind. Geez!
                        Shirley -- And here I thought it was just me! LOL! I think I was actually "banned for life" from that site a few years ago.
                        Last edited by peepers613; July 12, 2016, 11:55 AM.

Comment

It looks like Magic Squares
                          K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
                          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                          T - is it TRUE?
                          H - is it HELPFUL?
                          I - is it INSPIRING?
                          N - is it NECESSARY?
                          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by peepers613 View Post
                            Caroline -- I'm not the one who asked her for the info. So, I'm sorry, but don't make assumptions about me feeling "slighted" or anything else. My post here was a general observation that I've had for awhile and that post just brought it to mind. Geez!
                            Shirley -- And here I thought it was just me! LOL! I think I was actually "banned for life" from that site a few years ago.

"I asked the OP which jelly roll she used and the source of the pattern"

I'm sorry, I guess I misunderstood your original inquiry in this thread, and saw that only one person made the inquiry on the other forum, so I erroneously assumed it was you, but with a different user name. Please forgive me.

Comment

Originally posted by peepers613 View Post
                              Nope, not just you. Actually, I could hook you up with about 60 more people who feel the same way.

Comment

Working...
                              X