Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer Breeze III which pattern to choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Breeze III which pattern to choose?

ello everyone,
    I am new to the forum. I purchased a layer cake of Summer Breeze III and I love the colorder in the collection. However I didn't realize that it was being retired and darn near impossible to find precuts and yardage.
    I think I have scavenged the Internet and found all the fabric needed to begin a quilt.
    My problem is which pattern?
    I think I have narrowed it down to these two the

Quatrefoil

Or

the Disappearing Hourglass

What do you think?
    Thank you for your input
    Paula

Re: Summer Breeze III which pattern to choose?

Hi Paula,
    I am using the same fabric . I love it ! I am using the disappearing 9 patch is what I think it is called . I think the Disappearing hour glass would make a great choice . This fabric just reminds me of some quilt that would be on an old fashioned sleeping porch . Which is a southern thing . when it was too hot in the house, the kids would sleep on the screened porch . I have a small one done and have 3 charm packs and several yards that I picked up here and there . I think any 4 or 9 patch . And anything using 1/2 square triangles would work up great .Good luck

Comment

Thanks Sandy!
      Post pics please, I'd love to see it.

Comment

They are both really pretty! You may just have to flip a coin.

Comment

Summer Breeze is also one of my very favorite fabrics and I, too, was disappointed to find that it was discontinued.
          I made a triple Irish chain with mine.
          I think no matter what you make with it, it'll turn out beautiful.

20160521_151744.jpg

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
          The Farmmyfarm

Comment

I used a layer cake and made the double slice. It's at M* being quilted now. It is my first finished quilt top and I can't wait to get it back! I fell in love with it and bought the layer cake when it was a DD with no idea of what to do with it. I was really happy with how it turned out and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt in a few weeks.

Comment

Those blues and yellows would make a beautiful Quatrefoil. Also, all of the previous 2 Summer Breeze collections all go together...just wait and there may be a Summer Breeze 4.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Your irish chain quilt is lovely thank you for sharing
                Last edited by Paula6678; July 10, 2016, 10:23 PM. Reason: Missing text

Comment

I also bought the Summer Breeze III when it was the DD. I still have yardage (I think I bought 1/2 yd. selections) for the Summer Breeze II. I still haven't made anything from my fabrics & pre-cuts. It's in the queue of to-do's -- sometime. I love all those flowers. I did not know SB III had been retired & was no longer available.

I just checked M*'s yardage; they have 8 fabrics in the SB III line. Will any of those work?
                  Last edited by JCY; July 10, 2016, 10:37 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Comment

I also bought the Summer Breeze III. I used it in a disappearing pinwheel.
                    IMG_0948 (2).jpg
                    Cindy

Comment

That is so cool...makes your eyes bounce with all of colors beautiful

Comment

Love the randomness the color pattern makes your eyes bounce around...Beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
                          Those blues and yellows would make a beautiful Quatrefoil. Also, all of the previous 2 Summer Breeze collections all go together...just wait and there may be a Summer Breeze 4.
                          Marilyn you are right. I found this the other day when looking for the new holiday lines. Summer Breeze IV scheduled for Dec 1016

Here's the pdf, great for drooling purposes!

Find domain names, web hosting and online marketing for your website -- all in one place. Network Solutions helps businesses get online and grow online with domain name registration, web hosting and innovative online marketing services.

Comment

Those are gorgeous!! I love the blues in the new line.

Comment

I had 3 charm packs of II and I made a tumbler out of it. Such pretty fabric. I managed to find some yardage this past winter to add borders.

Comment

Working...
                              X