Quilter's Dream vs. Mountain Mist Cream Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilter's Dream vs. Mountain Mist Cream Rose

MM Cream Rose has been my fav batting for years. It's so soft, and the drape is wonderful... Lately I've been using an 89/29 I got at WM, and it just isn't the same....

I decided to order MM from Amazn, but they don't carry the lovely Cream Rose....

However, Amazon does carrry Quilter's Dream, which I have heard many of you recommend. Ni've never used WD.

Any thoughts would be more than welcome...

Thanks in advance,,,

My question is... How do the two batting so compare? Is one sifter than the other? More drapery?

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Quilter's Dream vs. Mountain Mist Cream Rose

I have used the Quilters Dream Puff batting but I have a feeling that is not the one you are talking about. It is mostly poly, is very thick and chunky so makes a pretty puffy quilt. Have only used big stitch quilting with it and that worked fine, but I think it would be too hard to do regular hq on due to its thickness.I love the Cream Rose, it is great for hand quilting.

Comment

Why don't you buy it from Joann's? They have it on sale right now at 50 percent off.

http://www.joann.com/sewing/batting/...ountain%20Mist
      Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
        Why don't you buy it from Joann's? They have it on sale right now at 50 percent off.

http://www.joann.com/sewing/batting/...ountain%20Mist
        Thank you so much... I tried, but it won't ho to my basket.... If it diesn't work, I'll call customer service...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
          Thank you so much... I tried, but it won't ho to my basket.... If it diesn't work, I'll call customer service...
          Calling would be best. If you are using the same way to order that you are posting here, it's probably scrambling letters and numbers there too.
          Vonnie

Comment

Rats... It's out if stock online!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I loved Cream Rose until I discovered bamboo from Winline Textiles. It drapes even better, and it breathes better than cotton. I get a few packages every year at Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival, and I know they do lots of other shows. They also sell online from their website.
              Sheila

Comment

I use Hobbs 80/20 all the time. I once tried Quilter's Dream 70/30 which worked ok. I tried some of that cotton warm & natural; I didn't like it at all. I gave up on using the cheap stuff at WM or Hancock's. It just doesn't quilt the same. Doesn't Connecting Threads carry batting? Sometimes they have a sale.

Comment

Maybe you could get a larger size than you need and cut it down. Or two smaller and put them together. It says today is free shipping with no minimum purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                    I use Hobbs 80/20 all the time. I once tried Quilter's Dream 70/30 which worked ok. I tried some of that cotton warm & natural; I didn't like it at all. I gave up on using the cheap stuff at WM or Hancock's. It just doesn't quilt the same. Doesn't Connecting Threads carry batting? Sometimes they have a sale.
                    Yeah... I've been using the 80/20 from WM, because I can never get to Joann's.... The other day I found...and used a piece of leftover MM Cream Rose, and I was struck by how much nicer it was.... ... I learned on Warm & White.... Haven't used it for a long time...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Working...
                    X