Hubby voice his opinion - does yours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubby voice his opinion - does yours

I can always count on my husband more than others to be totally truthful about my quilts. Last night I had started assembling rows of a Prairie Flower quilt. He had commented on how pretty it was one time so I decided to add it to my projects. I had chosen batiks for the flowers with the white. background and sashing. He takes one look at the first couple of rows and comments that it "Has no pop". I meanwhile am thinking a classic Prairie flower. So what to do. I decided to make the horizontal sashing be a strip of Medium Blue sandwiched between 2 1/2 inch white strips. Kind of late to change the background color. I showed it to him and said does this help. Still not enough pop. I showed him the border fabric I planned to use and he thought that would really help. Does anybody else get hubby opinions.
    sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

Re: Hubby voice his opinion - does yours

Yep, and sometimes I want him to just shut up. sigh
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Yes, but I only take his advice if he agrees with me.

Comment

Yep, I value DH's opinion....he is a very precise person with a good eye for balance in shape and colour.

Comment

I ask my DH opinion frequently. He really gives detailed constructive feedback. In all but one case I followed his advice. I think it helps to get a second opinion.
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

All the time, problem is that I take it. We ask for opinions but refuse to listen. Now i hve to say there are times he ideas just will not work, but usually he's pretty helpful.
            Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."

Comment

Absolutely, he has a good eye for color and design. He has helped me many times bringing a quilt to beautiful from just ok.
              No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
              Aesop

Comment

My DH is color blind so not much help but he always says whatever I am making is beautiful. Since his mother was a quilter he does appreciate all the work involved.

Comment

Yes, I ask for his advice sometimes when I'm in doubt about color combinations.
                  *~* Myrna *~*
                  *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Jeff offers his opinion all the time and I put a lot of stock in his comments. He has never given me bad advice.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Yes, dh does give his opinion and it is usually good advice.
                      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

My husband was a very visual person... He was a contractor, and knew exactly how a project would look before the first hammer was swung.... So... I naturally turned to him for design advice... He had a great rye for design and color, do I always listened to him.... He was usually right on the money.... And.., he always caught my mistakes!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                          Yep, and sometimes I want him to just shut up. sigh
                          agree 100%
                          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                          Sigmund Freud

Comment

I don't ask for his opinion when it comes to quilting.
                            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Sometimes a little too critical, but mainly his opinion is helpful. It is nice to have extra eyes see what I might miss. If I disagree and follow my heart, it usually looks good to me, anyway. I have to allow for his difference in taste often. He leans to more modern and more complicated designs. My heart adores the more old fashioned and quaint. We have learned to live with a mix of the two.

Comment

Working...
                              X