Unbelievable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable

We live in an area that is made up of farms. Most of the farms employ Mennonites to help with the farm work. Some of the Mennonites have their own farms now. The Mennonite women sew a great deal as their style of dress is quite different for both the women and the children. I was recently in a Hancocks that was closing and it was FULL of Mennonite women and their children. They had massive quantities of fabric. I counted 50 bolts that one woman was purchasing. Their shopping carts were piled to the top and the bottom was also filled and their children were carrying as many bolts as their size would allow. It was fun to see what they had purchased. They were so excited!! I was so happy for them as I know how much fun new fabric is.

Re: Unbelievable

Especially when you can actually afford it, right?

Comment

They were at my Hancocks, too, with whole shopping carts full of bolts. Unfortunately, there were only 2 clerks cutting, so it was kinda slow going. They were purchasing mostly denims for skirts, I think.

Comment

I believe they make all of their clothing, so this would be a boon for them! I wish I could! After hearing of the great deals earlier this week, I ventured out to find my store is completely closed! I hadn't been there in years. I found other bargains on my trip......just not there!

Comment

I just shopped at a fabric outlet in Arcola, Illinois, run by an Amish family. Wow, what a complete selection of polyester! They had quilting cottons, too, but the polys were beautiful inexpensive and full color range. I can imagine these people were stocking up a store in their community, and at a really great price!

Comment

Working...
          X