Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on Today's Tutorial - the wonky churn dash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Today's Tutorial - the wonky churn dash?

I was disappointed in today's tut. I didn't even watch it after I saw the pattern. I would never make anything like this. For one, too much white background, & then the wonky blocks. I don't do wonky at all. I probably have just enough OCD in me that this type of pattern does not appeal to me. I also don't care for the wonky stars pattern or any other wonky patterns. Probably just me.

What do you think of it?

Re: Opinions on Today's Tutorial - the wonky churn dash?

I am of the same thought as you. But it is nice to have something for everyone!
    Happy Quilting!

Comment

I agree......don't like the wonky patterns either but I'm sure there are many who do. That's what great about this site! .......all of the different ideas and opinions!
      :icon_rolleyes:

Comment

I could see this tutorial as a great kids quilt, only not using white background. LOL I think the ladies at my quilting circle would like it. Scrappy quilts are their specialty.

Comment

I won't be making it. I like to see more of my fabrics and less background. I like scrappy but not a fan of wonky!

Comment

I have to agree......I am not a fan of wonky. I can't imagine how hard it would be to continue to come up with new tutorials every single week. I also think there are many different styles and likes out there. I am not a fan of most modern style quilts and I think wonky falls in that category. BUT...... I am just one of so many and this is just one that I don't have to add to my long list of quilts to make someday. I love that we have so many choices from which to select!

Comment

It looks fun to make! But it's not going on my list.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

It's not for me, but it will be someone's inspiration....like Grandma Babs! She loves doing freeform sewing.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

It's not for me either...I never really liked the regular churn dash...I'm sure someone will love it...
                  Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

I have to agree about all the white, not for me either.
                    But, I think the changing the block a bit would make it great for a fun kids quilt
                    Using the frame idea for an I Spy quilt, or with a colourful charm pack would make a bright and cheery quilt, and a great way to use up scraps!

Comment

I think Jenny and M* realize that they need to include some more modern designs in the available tutorials. Not everyone wants to do traditional designs, even with modern prints for the fabrics. Tastes differ and that's fine with me.

Comment

When I first looked at the video - I knew it wasn't my "style" - but then I went ahead and watched the video and immediately started thinking about it for one of my grandsons. It hard sometimes to find a quilt pattern they might like in that older child/young teen age. I was thinking of using a different solid than white - maybe a blue or red. I see possibilities!
                        ***Kathy***

Comment

I like it, but not so sure I would use the white. I made a wonky star quilt before Jenny ever did her tutorial and I have to say, that was a quilt that I had a lot of fun making.
                          K is for Karen 😊​..................
                          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                          T - is it TRUE?
                          H - is it HELPFUL?
                          I - is it INSPIRING?
                          N - is it NECESSARY?
                          K - is it KIND?

Comment

I didn't watch it. As soon as I saw the quilt, I closed the tab.
                            The Churn Dash is one of my favorite patterns and I do like wonky blocks but the white negative space is not for me.
                            I could see it being used with different colors in the background.
                            Wonder what it would look like with white or black strips and colored background?

Comment

I would have to state it won't make my "to do list", but.....the plentiful background space would accent beautiful quilting stiches! And, I would like to other modern variations (even though, I am more of a patch work/traditional quilter), some like what to do with orphan blocks with Jenny's imagination!!!!
                              Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X