Guess what I did this afternoon?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess what I did this afternoon?!!

I decided to make another of Jenny's zipper bags. I line mine, I just think it looks better if its a present.

Yes I forgot to undo the zip when I sewed the thing up....aarrggghhhh.......I did manage to undo a seam and pull it along, not something I will do again in a hurry!!

DSCF5815.jpg
    ================================================== ==============

Re: Guess what I did this afternoon?!!

That turned out nice.

I have sewn the bags close a couple times w/out opening the zipper. You can usually grab the tab thru the fabric and work it open. I've never had to take a seam apart to do it. It is a pain in the patootie to deal with though!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Its the best one I have made so far, I usually have a problem with the tab on the zip, not today matey turned out just fine. I have enough fabric left to make another one almost the same, might not have enough for the lining, I will have to see. Got a bit hooked on them.
      ================================================== ==============

Comment

Beautiful results.

Comment

Your bag turned out great and I'm sure you'll be making many more. If you have trouble with the zipper tabs, make your finished zipper (with the tabs attached) one inch less than the width of your fabric. Each end of the zip will be placed 1/2" from the outside fabric edges. You will do your 1/4" inch seam allowance, but you won't be catching the extra bulk from the zipper tabs.

Here's a tutorial I found. See #3. Hope that this helps. Once you're finished with your bag and ready to turn right side out, the zip tabs magically pop into place with a little help from a point turner or chopstick!

http://sewsweetness.com/2012/10/zippers-4-ways.html

Comment

Working...
          X