X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied
    Re: Pineapple Quilt

Beautiful quilts, ladies! I bought both of those Creative Grids rulers - pineapple and log cabin. Looking forward to the day when I can try them out. I have sooooo many scrap fabrics that need to be turned into quilts.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Kayla and Sheepfarmer, your pineapple quilts are just gorgeous!

Leave a comment:

• Sheep Farmer
    replied

I tried a pineapple quilt using a jelly roll and there is a heck of a lot of waste. Well, for me it was a lot. I cried seeing all that pretty fabric "scrap" being tossed away. But if you've got, say, a fat quarter bundle, you could cut your strips skinny enough to minimize the waste. Not sure if a pineapple quilt is pre-cut friendly, but if there is a way, Jenny will surely find it! LOL

I also made mine using the CG pineapple tool.

20160229_170908.jpg

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Most of the tutorials are based on the use of precuts, so I'm not sure if an actual pineapple tutorial would ever be in the works. The Exploding Block tutorial has also been referred to as a mock pineapple block.

Leave a comment:

• KaylaWalker
    replied

This is a work in progress. I'm using the Creative Grids Pineapple ruler. image.jpg

I need to get back to this one. It's a great way to use up scraps.

Leave a comment:

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied

Hard to say but if you go to Youtube you'll find plenty of videos on making a Pineapple Quilt.

Leave a comment:

• donnambr
    started a topic Pineapple Quilt

Pineapple Quilt

I'd like to know if Jenny will ever do a tutorial on the pineapple quilt. This looks like a great way to use up scraps.
Working...
X