I hit the jackpot......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hit the jackpot......

I have to say ladies, I was so sad my local Hancocks Fabric was closing and have not been in the store since announced. Well they will only be open 9 more days so I went today as I needed 2 fabrics for the border on a baby quilt. They are also selling all of their fixtures, I found 6 wire shelves for $5 a piece. I have wanted to redo the closet in my sewing room but it was too expensive.......I am beyond happy with these shelves. I also bought 86 and 1/2 yards of fabric and 2 quilt kits. All of this for $169 !!! I am thrilled. All of the fabric was 80% off with a added 10% off if you bought what was on the bolt. I was very pleased to find 2 whole bolts of Kona cotton at 90% off. Needless to say I am very happy. I guesstimated with the cost of the shelving I bought around $ 1800 worth of stuff. I NEVER find deals like this. I also was told that Joann's will open a store in that location in October. I'm not a big Joanns shopper for fabric, but I do like their sales on batting and notions, so now I can shop a real store instead of online. I'm off to pet my new fabric and finish this baby quilt........go check out your local Hancocks
    Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Re: I hit the jackpot......

Lucky you!! As soon as a read wire I thought rust. It's terribly humid here and metal isn't something I can use. You might want to consider spray painting them first. Not that you need another chore to do. lol
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I haven't been in my Hancock's since the sale first started. Most of the time, I don't care for the fabrics they have. There's just something about the colors & patterns that I'm not fond of. Glad you found such a good buy. I'm really trying hard to use from my stash this year & not buy more fabric.

Comment

Good job.... glad you found the deal)
        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Way to go, Liz!
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Lorie the shelves are paint. The finish looks like a baked on enamel........hope that makes sense
            Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

Lucky you! I just went today, NOTHING left, closing in a few days.

Comment

Wow. Good deal. That is a lot of fabric. Great deal on the shelves. They can surely cost a lot.
                Karen
                Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

You lucky one lol
                  Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."

Comment

I went to ours last week and there was very little left. I was told Joann's is going in that space in October.
                    Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh, I hope we get a Joann's in Cape Girardeau! dizzyLiz, it sounds like you got there at the right time. Here, there weren't any Kona solids left by the time the price lowered below what it would have been on sale previously.

Comment

I have not heard that anyone is locating that space here. Went after I saw the video on using striped fabrics for making quilts and i was lucky enough to get 4 different stripes three plus yards each. I too had not been there since they announced the closing. Decided not to spend anymore money there. Made an exception that day.

Comment

Wow you really did hit the jackpot! It sounds like you'll be quilting for a while now.
                          :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Good for you, Liz! A few days ago our Hancock store still had Kona for half off which still made it higher than Hobby Lobby when they have it on sale. Guess I might need to check back. Maybe I can find a fixture piece that would work for storage under my cutting table too.
                            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

That's such a great deal, Liz....congratulations!!!
                              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                              X