Any Night Owls around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Night Owls around?

I'm up and snipping seams on my first rag quilt. It seems like I'm never going to finish! Anyone else working on a quilt?

Jeannette

Re: Any Night Owls around?

It's only 4:40. I'm still working on dinner. lol
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Took a break from sewing tonight. I finished up some tote bags last night and I need to clean up my sewing area and get ready to work on my next UFO.

Comment

Im up, only 9:16pm here in washington, pieced together a colorful quilt today, gonna try some yo-yo butterflies on it for something different.

Comment

I'm not a night owl. I have to get to bed no later than 10 p.m. since I have to be up 5 a.m. every day, 7 d/wk., even though I'm retired! I'm on mtn. time. I got no sewing done today. I normally don't sew late in the eve. because I tend to make more mistakes. I spent much of the day doing laundry. I washed the matt. pad, all the blankets, quilt, etc. on my bed today. Aired the pillows outside in the sun. I think I ran the W/D for 5 loads. Then I vacuumed. I was pooped at the end of the day.

Comment

I'm up doing counted cross stitch and replying to Craigslist furniture ads. I slept really well from about 5:30 in the morning until 1:30 in the afternoon. I felt a lot better. I don't think I needed any antihistamines since I woke up.

Comment

I did a bit of sewing today. I joined the blocks into rows for the CoC I'm working on. I have the sashing pinned and ready to sew.
              I did some laundry too. I changed the sheets, but will do all of the bed linens on the next change.
              Eric met with his boss after work today. He was very angry that the guy who replaced him at the others yard was being paid $7 an hour more. (Replacement had less experience, fewer skills, and barely makes a 30 hour work week.) I managed to convince him to not jump down his boss's throat. It was the other yard boss that did it, not his. This would be a great time to sit and discuss what he wanted going forward in this job. Hopefully less manual labor, and more administrative stuff.
              It seemed to work. Eric is now officially the CSR South yard manager. A bit of a raise and the opportunity for more if this works out.
              You are welcome Dear, and I fed and watered all of your poultry for you tonight too.
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm here but it's 1:15am here.I didn't sew it was to hot and sticky here today.I;m cleaning the cabinets and dusting and polishing,Tomorrow I have to wash the floors and clean the windows,the window in the lr has dog nose marks all over it.
                :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Morning, everybody!

You girls were all busy while I've been sleeping! We were home quite late yesterday and I can proudly announce that my son passed the test and now has a blue ribbon on his green belt. I may be biased but I think he and one of the younger boys were the best in the test.

Today in class, I'm going to be a woman named Erna Kawullke for my students. I'm going to put on my best "Kohlenpott" dialect and tell them the "story of my life". (I live in the Ruhrgebiet, the area of Germany where all the coal mines are and we call it Kohlenpott - coal pot.) It's almost the end of the semester and we only have this and next week and then the seminar is over. Erna's story consists of lots of funny and strange experiences and the students are supposed to find the underlying mechanisms, which we learned in class during the semester, and explain them to Erna next week. It's going to be fun.

I have to get Erna ready for work now... Have a beautiful day!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea F View Post
                    Morning, everybody!

You girls were all busy while I've been sleeping! We were home quite late yesterday and I can proudly announce that my son passed the test and now has a blue ribbon on his green belt. I may be biased but I think he and one of the younger boys were the best in the test.

Today in class, I'm going to be a woman named Erna Kawullke for my students. I'm going to put on my best "Kohlenpott" dialect and tell them the "story of my life". (I live in the Ruhrgebiet, the area of Germany where all the coal mines are and we call it Kohlenpott - coal pot.) It's almost the end of the semester and we only have this and next week and then the seminar is over. Erna's story consists of lots of funny and strange experiences and the students are supposed to find the underlying mechanisms, which we learned in class during the semester, and explain them to Erna next week. It's going to be fun.

I have to get Erna ready for work now... Have a beautiful day!
                    Originally posted by toggpine View Post
                    I did a bit of sewing today. I joined the blocks into rows for the CoC I'm working on. I have the sashing pinned and ready to sew.
                    I did some laundry too. I changed the sheets, but will do all of the bed linens on the next change.
                    Eric met with his boss after work today. He was very angry that the guy who replaced him at the others yard was being paid $7 an hour more. (Replacement had less experience, fewer skills, and barely makes a 30 hour work week.) I managed to convince him to not jump down his boss's throat. It was the other yard boss that did it, not his. This would be a great time to sit and discuss what he wanted going forward in this job. Hopefully less manual labor, and more administrative stuff.
                    It seemed to work. Eric is now officially the CSR South yard manager. A bit of a raise and the opportunity for more if this works out.
                    You are welcome Dear, and I fed and watered all of your poultry for you tonight too.
                    Maybe it's because I've had hardly any sleep the past three days, but I found both your posts highly entertaining and now it's time to go to bed, well it's past time, and I'll probably lay there chuckling half the night!!!!
                    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                      Maybe it's because I've had hardly any sleep the past three days, but I found both your posts highly entertaining and now it's time to go to bed, well it's past time, and I'll probably lay there chuckling half the night!!!!
                      Erna said she hopes Pat was able to sleep!

Comment

Working...
                      X