Brother 1634d serger questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother 1634d serger questions

I went out to purchase the Brother 1034d but all I could find was the 1634d. I'm wondering it the 1634d is a newer version of the 1034d or vice versa. I did purchase the 1634d for 199.99, but I'd like to get a little feed back before decide if I want to keep it or return it and order the 1034d online. Does anyone use the 1634 and if so how do you like it. Does anyone know how the 1634 compares to the 1034?

Re: Brother 1634d serger questions

I'm not sure about the machines but wanted to bump this up so someone else might see it.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Thanks Joan... I appreciate your doing this. I fooled around with threading the 1634d yesterday and had no luck. The test strip showed about an inch or 2 of the interlock stitch and then it would just shoot out straight threads. Sure could use some help with this baby!!!!

Comment

Hi there, don't know about the model you are thinking of buying but I did have a Brother which I bought new about 2 years ago and was not happy with it at all. I can't remember if it was a 1034 or a 3034 (?) Anyway, I sold it after about 6 months and bought a Babylock Eclipse which although more expensive, is a terrific serger/overlocker. I found the Brother bounced around, was noisy and struggled with some types of fabric to the point where I thought there was something wrong with it. I had it serviced and the tech said it was working fine, though perhaps not everyones "cup of tea". Hope you find one you're happy with. And yep, the automatic jet air threading on the Babylock is great too!
        Last edited by just4me; July 5, 2016, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X