Has Anyone Tried This Product?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Anyone Tried This Product?!

Just found this on youtube. It looks very cool! Has anyone tried this product? It got great reviews on Amazon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGYse_Iylkc

I may have to try this on my upcoming embroidery project!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Re: Has Anyone Tried This Product?!

For those who want to know what it is without clicking to the video, it's a sticky, water soluble stablizer that you can run through an ink jet printer.

Why can't you use freezer paper instead?

Comment

It looks like it would be a great project to use.

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post
        For those who want to know what it is without clicking to the video, it's a sticky, water soluble stablizer that you can run through an ink jet printer.

Oops...I forgot to mention the product name. Guess I was being mysterious.......
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post
          I think she wants to hand embroider a quote on a quilt top. Depending on how she applies the product, it would stabilize, give her a pattern to follow, and wash away when done.

That won't work too well with freezer paper.
          (If you hadn't read her post on a hand embroidery you would be missing an essential part of the equation.)
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I have used it to transfer a very detailed design to fabric. It works exactly as described on Amazon. Much Much easier than transferring a design with light box and pen. I placed my design in my printer, the stabilizer in the paper tray, and used the copy feature to copy onto the stabilizer. Super easy and worked beautifully.

Comment

I have used it for FMQ patterns and it is great! It is a bit pricey though, so I will probably only use it on more complex designs. Sometimes you can find decent prices for it on eBay.

Comment

I would try it, Pam....it looks like a great product and it's so simple to use.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

That does look cool! She offers free shipping on her site.

http://shop.shinyhappyworld.com/coll...broidery-stuff
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

My mother would use it for her embroidery machine. It is very sticky so if you accidentally stick it, you will have to find an oil based cleaner for removal.
                    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Deegles View Post
                      My mother would use it for her embroidery machine. It is very sticky so if you accidentally stick it, you will have to find an oil based cleaner for removal.
                      It's water soluble.
                      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thanks for the answers. I like the fact that it stabilizes and I don't have to trace my design onto the fabric by taping it to a window. It looks like it would save a lot of time.

Wish I would have known about this product before Hancock's sold out of most of their better products.

I'll check at AllBrands today. If they don't have it I might order it from Shiny Happy World........who doesn't love free shipping!

Comment

Working...
                        X