Brother SQ9185

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother SQ9185

Hello, I was considering purchasing this machine from Walmart. Does anyone sew with this machine and if so what is your opinion. I would like to use it for quilting classes. I have a Juki but it is so heavy to be transporting. I read the wt. is 11 lbs. Thanks for any info.

Re: Brother SQ9185

seems to get good reviews. Just remember, the lighter the machine, the more it will bounce when you sew fast. For a class machine, or a backup, it looks like a good deal
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I wasn't sure. Thanks. I am also considering either a Janome DC 1050 or a 8077. This I would be ordering from Amazon. Any comments would be appreciated. I haven't ordered a sewing machine before on Amazon. Just small orders. Not sure about warranties or returns on sewing machines.

Comment

I would buy a janome before I would buy a brother, BUT, I do own both, and both sew well. The Janome just seems more powerful. I have never ordered a machine from Amazon, but I have heard other people say that any problems they have are dealt with promptly and efficiently. With the lesser priced machines I don't feel dealer support is as much an issue as with the more expensive ones
        Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I have the SQ9185 and have really, really, enjoyed sewing with it. I just went over and lifted it and I think it's kind of heavy but that's just me. Having said that I have not had any problems with it and have had it for a couple of years. The only thing that just drives me crazy is I just can't get the hang of the auto threader. I think I have been able to get it to work once. I have read the reviews and I have not seen very many complaints so it must just be me or my machine. I have sewn crafts, shirts, and quilt blocks with no problem. I just love my SQ9185 and am glad I purchased it. That's just my two cents. I purchased it from Walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by Doloris View Post
            seems to get good reviews. Just remember, the lighter the machine, the more it will bounce when you sew fast. For a class machine, or a backup, it looks like a good deal
            I always wondered why my cheapo white brand sewing machine did that. Now I know!
            Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
            X