Janome 7700 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janome 7700 question

I am not good at stitch in the ditch, so when I want to quilt down a seam line, I like to use a small serpentine stitch. Does anyone know what stitch # this would be on the Janome MC 7700? Also, what moowould my stitch length and width need to be? Thanks.

Re: Janome 7700 question

Angie has a video on Youtube of all the stitches that can be stitched out on your machine. However, I'm not seeing the serpentine stitch. It must be there considering she says there are 250 stitches. You might ask Angie if you can't find the answer - alangiem is her user name.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH3mSogGQ-I

After some searching it looks like Sitch 19 is it. However, here's a link you should read. Scroll past that first image to read about this gal's experience with this stitch on the 7700 http://www.needlesandlemons.com/2012...izon-7700.html
    Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; July 3, 2016, 08:57 AM.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Re: Janome 7700 question

Interesting link Rebecca. I will try that, but really, I often do a serpentine stitch on my Janome 7700 by just using my walking foot and a regular straight stitch. I lengthen the stitch length and sew down the line using my hands to move the fabric as I meander (similar to how you would with FMQ'ing).

I don't go overly fast so that I don't bend the needle, but it is really easy to do and you can decide how wide or narrow you want your serpentine by how much you move your hands. With a little practice (and it really doesn't take all that much), your serpentine becomes pretty even. But... I actually like the look of a slightly uneven serpentine anyway. It usually suits the look of the quilt.
      Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Working...
      X