The Great Northern Needlecraft and Quilt show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great Northern Needlecraft and Quilt show

I am getting more and more interested in quilt making and have decided to visit The Great Northern Needlecraft and Quilt Show in Harrogate in September. I was hoping my daughter would go with me but it's on the day she returns from holiday. I don't mind driving around but not too new places (may be an age thing) so hubby has promised to drop me off and my daughter will pick me up at the end of the day. I know it would have been nicer to go with someone but going alone is better than not going at all. This will be my first quilt show - better start saving up!! I'm sooooo excited!!!

Re: The Great Northern Needlecraft and Quilt show

Maybe you will find someone to go with you by then. Its just July.

Comment

Re: The Great Northern Needlecraft and Quilt show

If you end up going alone, all is not lost. I went to visit my son last year, and went to a quilt show while he was at work. (OK, I admit, I chose that weekend so I would have something to do while he went to work.) Got familiar with the bus schedule and ventured out. It was a great show, and I had lots of time to shop and ponder without worrying if I was dawdling too long for another person. Had lunch with a very nice lady working for Bernina at the time. If I were with someone else, I likely would not have sat at a table with a perfect stranger. So, sometimes these situations take us out of our comfort zones and we learn something new about ourselves or just have a great experience. Enjoy your show.

Comment

Working...
      X