What should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I do?

OK... I took my Bernina to my regular guy, for servicing.... My Brother had already had her spa day...

The other day, my daughter, and her oldest son.....17...took me to pick her up... Michael carried Emmylou from the shop to the car, then from the car to my sewing room....

When I went to hook her up, there were no cords...just the machine, and the pedal.... No cords... The shop guy swears he sent the cords home with us.... But, they are no where to be found.... We checked the car....

I don't remember seeing the cords, but the machine and accessories were covered in plastic.

Now what? He swears he sent the cords with us.....but they are not here... I'm not good at confrontation, and don't want to accuse D. Of anything... I thunk he truly believes he sent the cords with us, but they are no where to be found....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: What should I do?

I'll help you look, then you can help me find the four screws I took off the door of a desk and put in my pocket (they haven't been seen since!).

Maybe ask your dealer to humor you and take a look around? Is it very far? Maybe you could even ask him if he'd help by just letting you retrace your steps starting from when you picked it up. That could also prod hi to retrace his steps and find your cords on the shelf where he forgot them ;!

Comment

Originally posted by stitchwishes View Post
      I'll help you look, then you can help me find the four screws I took off the door of a desk and put in my pocket (they haven't been seen since!).

Maybe ask your dealer to humor you and take a look around? Is it very far? Maybe you could even ask him if he'd help by just letting you retrace your steps starting from when you picked it up. That could also prod hi to retrace his steps and find your cords on the shelf where he forgot them ;!
      The shop us close by, but I don't drive, so I can't just zip over there....

The shop is very small....,the machine was waiting for us.,. My grandson picked it up...took it to the car, then took it into my sewing room.

Michael doesn't know sewing machines, so he wouldn't have noticed if the cords weren't there,,, I never thought to look.... My gut tells me the cords weren't with the mavhine.... That's because Michael didn't do anything but carry it from the shop to the car, and from the car to my house...

I'm calling in the morning, yo see if D. has found the cords.... He'll say no, and I'll be stuck.,,
      Last edited by easyquilts; June 30, 2016, 08:39 PM.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Hmm, maybe say: "I'm hoping you can help me out. I can't find the cords anywhere. Can you just take an extra look around your work space and see if maybe you were interrupted when you were getting everything together for my order?" Explain that the rest was in plastic. Explain that you have an important quilt project with a deadline and you can't use this machine, currently. Then look on the internet for the price for a replacement if that doesn't work. And..maybe find a new guy..well, I don't know about that. Good luck.

Comment

You didn't by chance set them on the roof of your car while you were loading the machine then drive off? I have done that. But usually it's my coffee cup

Comment

Originally posted by lots2do View Post
            Hmm, maybe say: "I'm hoping you can help me out. I can't find the cords anywhere. Can you just take an extra look around your work space and see if maybe you were interrupted when you were getting everything together for my order?" Explain that the rest was in plastic. Explain that you have an important quilt project with a deadline and you can't use this machine, currently. Then look on the internet for the price for a replacement if that doesn't work. And..maybe find a new guy..well, I don't know about that. Good luck.
            d

I kind if did that... He promised to look...but haven't heard from him, soooo. I'll call again today,, I'm totally ticked off...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

A new power cord (sometimes called a "lead cord") is less than $20.

Comment

I'd give him a call and state " everything was wrapped in plastic and when I took everything out of plastic my cords were not there" (I would not ask him if he found the cords). I'd then do what my old boss called the "pregnant pause". You don't say anything for several minutes and wait for his comment. If he insists the cords are not in his shop I'd just say thank you for looking and goodbye. There really isn't anything more you can do at this point. Hopefully your grandson can search the web for a good price so you can replace the cords. I know this is very frustrating and hopefully he finds the cords.
                :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X