Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Follow Up to my Juki Stopped Sewing

Hi, All,

So, last week my TL2010Q stopped working. The problem was the bobbin clutch. I got it to work with some fiddling, then it stopped everything. The dealer I bought it from thru Amazon blew me off with "anything related to the bobbin is covered by warranty (15 months old) and told to find a local repair shop. ( BTW: I immediately cancelled an order with Amazon for a second machine from them.)

So yesterday, I called Juki USA in Florida. They transferred me to technical support, I left a message and got a return call 10 minutes later. Elbert, the tech, walked me thru taking off the top of the machine, and then send him cell phone pic of the inside of the top. Then BAM! He was calling me back, spent an hour with me to adjust the "switches" so I could get it running again. He is sending, by UPS, a temporary replacement top, then I will send my top to him. He will repair it properly and then return it me. I will then send his top back. It all was easier than it sounds. The top removes in the work of a minute and I do not lose any sewing time.

Plus, I never had so easy a time working with anyone. Elbert should be on Youtube and I will be ordering a second Juki, a DX5.

I'm a happy camper. Hope this helps other Juki owners. (My husband has started calling me a "juki groupy") LOL

Diana
    Diana Grey

Re: Follow Up to my Juki Stopped Sewing

Now that is awesome customer service! Glad you were able to get it fixed!
    ***Kathy***

Comment

Great! I, too, am a Juki groupie!
      Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

I know you must have been in tears to get your machine fixed. Just finding that right person to help you. For this reason I don't order online. There is a little Janome Gold Gem at Amazon that I'd like to have but I'm holding back because like you I wouldn't get the support. I just bought a lightweight Viking, took it out of the box last night, set it up and sewed a few stitches and it jammed, just like that. So I was in tears because I wanted to take to my class today. However, one good thing, I bought it local from a sewing machine factory. I called them this a.m. and said to bring in, probably I didn't put the bobbin in right and got some thread lodged. So I'll probably have that fixed this a.m. in time for class. Whew!!! I'm still looking for that Janome though, can't go wrong with that brand of machine. I have a do it all in a cabinet so couldn't take that to class. Enough said about me.

Glad you're all set now. You were lucky to find a tech that was willing to help you. Enjoy your Juki now.
        sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

I ordered mine from a dealer online, because there is simply NOWHERE within 150 miles to buy a machine, other than Walmart. Luckily I have a wonderful free-lance repairman right in the neighborhood.

Comment

Once the exchange and repair is complete, I bet you will be sending Elbert a thank you card. You were lucky to find someone so willing to work with you. Juki is lucky to have Elbert working for them!

Comment

If you know the machine you want.... the "site to store" feature is wonderful from Walmart.... i buy so many things they don't have in the store and they are shipped for free... I just pick them up when called. As well, if not happy with anything.. it can go right back to the store)
              ps.... Janome is for sale on their Website)
              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

So happy you got some service and a fix for it too! I don't have a Juki, but this service is surely something to think about.

I hope your machine was fixed too LindaKay75

Comment

Yes, we have had great support here in Canada with Elbert. He's a great asset for Juki. It's amazing he can resolve so many things over the phone. We can e-mail him the pictures he wants and bingo he has the answer. I got both my Juki from Sewing Machines Plus. When I first got my Exceed 600 my DH happened to be talking to Elbert on the phone re my 2010 and mentioned my 600 was rather noisy. He said to hold the phone near the machine while I sewed. His quick reply was to change the needle ( turning red) and of course (I'm embrass. to say) that was the problem. It came with a size 18 needle.
                  Last edited by true4uca; June 29, 2016, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Happy to hear the Good News, Elbert is great!

Comment

That is awesome news and I am going to print off this so I have it handy since I have a Juki 2010 too. I don't have any trouble (yet) but I will know who to call when I do. Who do you call? Not - 867-5309, call Elbert! haha!

I'm glad you got your problem solved.
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Working...
                      X