Reputable place to buy fabric online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reputable place to buy fabric online

Sometime ago I wrote a post on fabric buying tips, with the aim of condensing my 3 year knowledge of fabric shopping all in one place. Here is a link.
    Preeti
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kgirlmom View Post
      I ordered from Shabby Fabrics recently. All went well!
      I've ordered twice from Shabby Fabrics and been very pleased with the transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by MayinJerset View Post
        I also like Connecting Threads. I order fabrics for my guild's pillowcase project and need to stretch the dollars so I order enough of their clearance fabrics to get free shipping. Fabrics arrived quickly and are always of good quality.
        Have to agree ....I love CT.....I usually buy during sales too and get enough to last a while...love their Quilter's Candy!
        sigpic

"May there always be work for your hands to do"

Comment

Originally posted by LindaKay75 View Post
          These are all good but most of them require 1 yard minimum and some of this fabric I need just half yard or even less. I'll keep checking others. I like ordering fabric from Jenny because you can get as little or more as you need. Thank you for helping me out.
          At Connecting Threads you can even order fat quarters. They don't seem to have a minimum.

Comment

I have ordered more thread, fabrics and kits from Connecting Threads than any other on line store. They can keep their prices low because they manufacture their own fabric. Look in the clearance section, and subscribe to their page. They send out emails at least once a week. Fabric is good quality, and I only use their essential cotton thread cone for all my piecing, they usually only go on sale about once or twice a year. Their kit patterns are very easy to follow. See pics, carol 4 2014 099.jpg11-19-14 007.jpg

Comment

In addition to ones mentioned, I buy a lot from Thousands of Bolts and Pacific Fabrics. I've not had any complaints about any online fabric retailer I've tried. Most seem to be really good. Sometimes if I check multiple stores I'll find a little sale. So, it pays to poke around a bit.

Comment

M* (I buy yardage, can't afford precuts from Missouri Star; I purchase precuts from the sites below when on sale/clearance)
                FQS
                Connecting Threads
                Keepsake Quilting
                Hawthorne Threads
                Hancock's of Paducah
                Craftsy
                Shabby Fabrics (use to order clearance prices from here a lot, but the clearance prices are not as low anymore)
                Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
                http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

Originally posted by DramaMama View Post
                  M* (I buy yardage, can't afford precuts from Missouri Star; I purchase precuts from the sites below when on sale/clearance)
                  FQS
                  Connecting Threads
                  Keepsake Quilting
                  Hawthorne Threads
                  Hancock's of Paducah
                  Craftsy
                  Shabby Fabrics (use to order clearance prices from here a lot, but the clearance prices are not as low anymore)
                  I have a lot of websites to check out. It looks like Connecting Threads is a favorite. I do know that ShabbyFabrics.com has the fabric I need so may go with them for now.
                  sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

I had good luck with Fabric.com, but I haven't purchased from them in several years. My understanding is that they are now part of the Amazon family and things have changed a bit since I last shopped.

Connecting Threads is good and all of the fabrics I have ever ordered from them have been excellent. They only carry their lines of fabric though. They do have a few lines designed by trending designers. Shipping can be a bit sluggish if you order during a popular sale.
                    Good luck! I hope you find what you are looking for!
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I have ordered from shabby fabrics.....had no problems.

Comment

Aside from MSQC, I've had great luck with The Fat Quarter Shop. Their shipping is quite quick and I like their jolly bar pre-cuts. You can get some great bargains at Connecting Threads but orders take over a week to arrive.

Comment

In addition to ordering from MSQC, my favorites are Connecting Threads and Green Fairy Quilts. I have ordered a lot of yardage from CT, have never ordered any precuts (other than an occasional FQ). I recently found GFQ in a search for a jelly roll I had been watching to go on sale at MSQC. They had it on sale at a great price and my shipping was free. Response & delivery was quick.

Comment

A few wks. ago I was looking for fabrics with elephants in them. The only fabric I liked & ended up buying was at fabric.com The thing I like about them is, if it's the end of the bolt, they'll throw in the extra yardage at no cost to you. Of course, my no. 1 place to buy is MSQC, but sometimes even there one can't find exactly what one is looking for.

Comment

Age sides Missouri Star I buy fabric at equilter.com. They have lots of variety and I have never had a problem with them.
                              April

Comment

Working...
                              X