Reputable place to buy fabric online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reputable place to buy fabric online

Could you throw out some online fabric shops that you order from with a reasonable shipping cost. The only company I have ordered from so far is MSQC but Jenny doesn't always carry what I need or want. I don't trust just any to do business with. I thought maybe you all have had some experience ordering online.

I purchased the "Thyme with Friend" in a layer cake from Jenny and I'm needing more of the same to finish my project and she doesn't have any left. I'm doing the "Thyme in the Garden" quilt top pattern by Debbie Beaves. I thought it would be nice to use my 10" squares but I need more of the same fabric to finish it.

Thanks!
    sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Re: Reputable place to buy fabric online

I have bought from several with no problems, Fat Quarter Shop and Hancock's of Paducah to name a couple.

Comment

I've never had a bad experience with any on line shops. I buy a lot on Etsy. The shipping is always fair. Just google images for your fabric. That's the fastest way for me, cut's out so much searching.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Fatquartershop.com for me too. They have daily deals also, called flash sales. They ship quickly and have great customer service. Used to order from Keepsake Quilting but they are very slow filling orders, about three weeks. Hawthorne Threads is another good one. They don't have as much selection as M or FQS but they sure have some interesting collections if you like more modern edgy stuff. They have "normal" fabric too! Good luck. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Comment

I've found many reputable shops thru Quiltshops.com. Often, before I try a new shop, I will find something to ask them about and send them an email. If they are responsive, have what I want at a decent price I will take a chance.

http://www.quiltshops.com/cgi-server...i?lastupdate=1

Comment

Fabric Shack is really a nice site. I first found them on Etsy, but they have a regular online store too.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Some I have ordered from are:
              fatquartershop.com
              fabricshack.com
              fabricbuffet.com
              Wendy
              http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

In addition to MSQC, I have had very good service from Fat Quarter Shop; Craftsy; and Connecting Threads. I have ordered from several others, years ago, but don't remember the names. I have never had a bad experience with online shops.
                If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Crafttown Fabrics - crafttownfabrics.com has your Maywood Studio Thyme with Friends fabric. This is a wonderful online store and I think it is a brick and mortar store too. They have $5.00 shipping. Very fast and I have bought from them a lot. Highly recommend them. I love MSQC, but it they don't have it, try Crafttown.

Comment

Connecting Threads is my favorite; good fabric, great thread, quick shipping all at a lower price point.

Comment

I've ordered from Erica's with no issues.

https://www.ericas.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia H View Post
                        In addition to MSQC, I have had very good service from Fat Quarter Shop; Craftsy; and Connecting Threads. I have ordered from several others, years ago, but don't remember the names. I have never had a bad experience with online shops.
                        These are all good but most of them require 1 yard minimum and some of this fabric I need just half yard or even less. I'll keep checking others. I like ordering fabric from Jenny because you can get as little or more as you need. Thank you for helping me out.
                        sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by LindaKay75 View Post
                          These are all good but most of them require 1 yard minimum and some of this fabric I need just half yard or even less. I'll keep checking others. I like ordering fabric from Jenny because you can get as little or more as you need. Thank you for helping me out.
                          Craftsy is either pre-cuts or specific yardage but both FQS and Connecting Threads will let you purchase a 1/2 yd. In fact, I think CT starts at a fat quarter.
                          Cindy

Comment

Whittle's Fabrics has nice fabric at reasonable prices with $6 flat rate shipping in the U.S. The minimum cut is 1/2 yard. I've been to their brick and mortar store here in KY.
                            *~* Myrna *~*
                            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I've had good luck with:

www.redroosterquilts.com
                              www.bearpawquilt.com
                              www.fabricdepot.com
                              pumpkinvinecorner.com
                              www.pacificrimquiltco.com
                              cozyquilt.com

Hope you find the fabric you are searching for.

Comment

Working...
                              X