Please Help: My Juki stopped sewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help: My Juki stopped sewing

Hi, I am hoping some one can help...my Juki TL 2010 Q stopped sewing after I wound a bobbin. Twice I thought the bobbin clutch didn't go back into place, I jiggled it, and the machine started to sew again. Now it won't do anything, except wind bobbins.

Has this happened to anyone else? I couldn't find any help goggling the problem. Unfortunately, I bought my machine last year through Amazon and when I called the dealer, who is in Texas, their solution was to find a repair shop in my area.

Does anyone in Central Jersey has any recommendations?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Diana
    Diana Grey

Re: Please Help: My Juki stopped sewing

Do you have a manual for your machine? It might prove helpful.

Comment

Can you turn the hand wheel to make the needle go up and down? If not there might be some thread or a ball of lint caught down in the bobbin/hook area.

Comment

Maybe there is something in this post that would help you.

http://www.sewcanshe.com/blog/2014/1...-2010q?rq=juki

Comment

Once you get it resolved please let us know the outcome. It's good to share these things in case someone else develops the same problem. Definitely find yourself a local repair shop.
          Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; June 25, 2016, 11:35 AM.
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Probably the local quilt shops know some repair people.

Comment

This may sound stupid, but did you check that your feed dogs are up? Once I couldn't sew and realized that the feed dogs were lowered.
              Drove me nuts til I put them up and set my stitch length.
              Last edited by Sharyn J; June 25, 2016, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Lady View Post
                Hi, I am hoping some one can help...my Juki TL 2010 Q stopped sewing after I wound a bobbin. Twice I thought the bobbin clutch didn't go back into place, I jiggled it, and the machine started to sew again. Now it won't do anything, except wind bobbins.

Has this happened to anyone else? I couldn't find any help goggling the problem. Unfortunately, I bought my machine last year through Amazon and when I called the dealer, who is in Texas, their solution was to find a repair shop in my area.

Does anyone in Central Jersey has any recommendations?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Diana
                I'd still guess it is the clutch sticking, or maybe a spring that engages it has become dislodged or broken. Maybe jiggling it made it rngage temporarily. I am not familiar with your Juki, but I work on vintage ones [my own] and I've taken them apart to find simple fixes, like sticky gears, or springs that came unhooked. Try googling it and see if someone has a page with pictures or video of how to service your Juki.
                Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I just took my Juki TL 2010 Q to the shop yesterday. For some reason the automatic thread thing that is beside the needle kept falling down and it would make a thunking sound when it came down and my stitches would be messed up. I could push it back and sew for awhile and the same thing would happen again. The repair man said if he couldn't repair it, he would just remove it. I don't use it anyhow and it was well over do for service and cleaning . The machine takes a lot of jarring because I have it on a frame. Is this the sort of problem you are having ?
                  Last edited by TMP; June 25, 2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

There's also a small breadboard in there to read the thickness of the thread wound on the bobbin.

It does sound the the clutch on the bobbin winder.

Here's a PDF of a service manual:
                    https://www.juki.co.jp/household_en/...e%20manual.pdf -

Comment

Are you keeping it oiled regularly? It might cause things to hang up if you're not. IF you check the diagram, there are two holes near the winder that require oil
                      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Sorry I can offer no assistance but hope some of the hints suggested by others helps solve your problem.

Where in Central Jersey are you? Do you have a local quilt or repair shop? I'm in Monmouth county.

Comment

Thanks for this post! I opened the head of the juki very carefully, looked around, no foreign objects, but it STARTED sewing again. Maybe just something got loose. But another forum member gave me a line on a juki repair shop in the area.

I'm anxious to how this repair will go because I'm eying an Juki Exceed.
                          Diana Grey

Comment

My problem is definitely related to the bobbin. The folks I bought it from said it's a safety feature so the needle will not see when the bobbin is being filled. Though they also said that any thing related to the bobbin is not covered under the warranty. The machine is only a little over a year old so that does sound right to me, but I pretty new to sewing. Thx.
                            Diana Grey

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha O View Post
                              There's also a small breadboard in there to read the thickness of the thread wound on the bobbin.

It does sound the the clutch on the bobbin winder.

Here's a PDF of a service manual:
                              https://www.juki.co.jp/household_en/...e%20manual.pdf -
                              Thx. I followed the manual to get the head off...and then I got scared! Lol.
                              Diana Grey

Comment

Working...
                              X