Taking a poll what would you charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a poll what would you charge?

What would you charge for a 60 x 60 quilt made like the picture. I'm not sure I'm charging enough and would love your feedback. Mahalo
    Attached Files
    sigpicHawaiigrammi

Re: Taking a poll what would you charge?

That's a pretty one! Nothing under $200-$250 I think. I see simple baby quilts, just squares selling for $130 on Etsy.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Yep, at LEAST $250

Comment

Never sold a quilt, so no advice on price. Just like to say that your quilt is beautiful !!!

Comment

Got my hand slapped guess i put this questiln in the wrong place lol. But being friendly goes along way hint
          sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaSandy View Post
            Got my hand slapped guess i put this questiln in the wrong place lol. But being friendly goes along way hint
            You were given the link to this thread and asked to please not post a duplicate post in the other section. I wasn't rude. I included the link so you could find it. If you think that was being mean or unfriendly, then I'm sorry because that isn't how it was intended.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Is it an appliqued turtle on a big square of fabric, with one pieced frame, then several solid frames? I guess you can charge what you want, but it doesn't look that labor-intense to mee. Thank you, in advance, for letting me feel like I can voice MY opinion amongst friends.
              Barbara
              http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

Originally posted by Sharyn J View Post
                Never sold a quilt, so no advice on price. Just like to say that your quilt is beautiful !!!
                Mahalo for your kindness
                sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Originally posted by CraftySweetPeas View Post
                  Is it an appliqued turtle on a big square of fabric, with one pieced frame, then several solid frames? I guess you can charge what you want, but it doesn't look that labor-intense to mee. Thank you, in advance, for letting me feel like I can voice MY opinion amongst friends.
                  Yes it's appliqued and they are all different pieces not one big piece. Legs, head, tail and 2 different shapes on the shell. I stitch a blanket stitch on every piece so it shows up on back of the quilt.
                  sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                    You were given the link to this thread and asked to please not post a duplicate post in the other section. I wasn't rude. I included the link so you could find it. If you think that was being mean or unfriendly, then I'm sorry because that isn't how it was intended.
                    Well then I apologize it came over as harsh because there was no explanation just what i needed to do. I've been on this site for a very long time and no one has ever done this to me. I didn't realize it was being policed. I'll be more careful and aware of where I'm asking stuff. Thanks for your help
                    sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                      That's a pretty one! Nothing under $200-$250 I think. I see simple baby quilts, just squares selling for $130 on Etsy.
                      Mahalo for your input
                      sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                        Mahalo Hulamoon lol
                        sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaSandy View Post
                          Yes it's appliqued and they are all different pieces not one big piece. Legs, head, tail and 2 different shapes on the shell. I stitch a blanket stitch on every piece so it shows up on back of the quilt.
                          I have to agree on the labor part. Does not seem like this would take much time to put together. It is very pretty, but I can't even see the quilting. I guess the price would depend on the market for such an item...where I live...I don't think you could get $200 for such a simply pieced quilt, that is only lap size....IMO
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

In defence of Sandy, we both live in Hawaii. It's expensive to live here and a very tourist based economy. I think $200 is totally fair.
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

1. I love this; the fabrics are beautiful!
                              2. Figure out what the materials cost you. Don't forget batting and thread!
                              3. Figure out how long this took to make, including cutting the fabric. Multiply hours times at least $20, and add to materials cost.

Last summer, DH and I went to Ithaca, NY, for a wedding. While there we went into an artisan gallery (i.e. not just paintings). There was a lovely crib-size quilt made of gorgeous batiks. It was $700.

DH freaked out and wanted to know who in their right mind would charge - or pay - that much. But once I pointed out how expensive the fabric probably was, plus time involved in the piece-work, plus $.02 per square inch for the quilting, PLUS the fact that whatever the shop paid the artist, they had to double that price, and he agreed that $700 was about right.

Which is also why the buyer at the gift shop that carries my pillows & table runners and I agreed that I won't be bringing them any actual quilts...

Comment

Working...
                              X