Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightweight travel sewing machine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Lightweight travel sewing machine

    I'm searching for a basic portable sewing machine that is light in weight. Does anyone own such a machine if so could you tell me a little about it such as price, if you bought it used or new. I'd appreciate any info or suggestions.
    sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

    #2
    Re: Lightweight travel sewing machine

    I bought my class machine new, a Babylock Audrey. They no longer make it, but it weighs about 12 pounds and came with an extension table and carrying case. You could probably find a used one. I think they replaced it with another model, but I don't know what it is named.

    The machine I wanted was the little Husqvarna, but at the time it was $600!
    pat.

    No rain....no rainbows!


    sigpic

    If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Lightweight travel sewing machine

      Originally posted by bubba View Post
      I bought my class machine new, a Babylock Audrey. They no longer make it, but it weighs about 12 pounds and came with an extension table and carrying case. You could probably find a used one. I think they replaced it with another model, but I don't know what it is named.

      The machine I wanted was the little Husqvarna, but at the time it was $600!
      Pat, how old is your machine now, did you buy it new, do you remember how much you paid for it? And have you been happy with it. While back I saw a BL9 but I thought they were asking too much for it, it was a used one too.
      sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Lightweight travel sewing machine

        Jean showed a machine a little while back from Amazon. Maybe she will pop in.
        🌺 Lorie

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Lightweight travel sewing machine

          No that one was heavy.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Lightweight travel sewing machine

            Baby Lock Amelia replaced Audrey. It weights 11.2 pounds. Here is the link to the Baby Lock website http://www.babylock.com/a-line/amelia/

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Lightweight travel sewing machine

              Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
              No that one was heavy.
              Well at least I was right you would pop in. lol
              🌺 Lorie

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Lightweight travel sewing machine

                Yes!!! Amelia is the replacement. I knew it was another A name, but I can never remember it. That is what mine weighs and I paid just under $300 for it brand new, almost four years ago.
                pat.

                No rain....no rainbows!


                sigpic

                If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Lightweight travel sewing machine

                  A have a Janome 3160 QDC. It has many features of my large machine (Janome 6600) but it weighs in at 12 pounds. It comes with an extension table and assorted feet. I think the MSRP is $999 but I paid $600 for mine, purchased new. It's a great little machines for classes and retreats.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Lightweight travel sewing machine

                    There are a couple Janome- the jem and 3128 that are lightweight. Also several Brother machines. I have the 5500prw which DH got for me a few years ago.
                    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

                    ― Albert Pine

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Lightweight travel sewing machine

                      Janome has one at Walmart.com for around 50.00... it gets great reviews.... i have a Janome Jem (older model)..that is 12lbs. and a real workhorse... my friends cannot believe how i "pound" that think and it just keeps going)
                      Originally posted by LindaKay75 View Post
                      Pat, how old is your machine now, did you buy it new, do you remember how much you paid for it? And have you been happy with it. While back I saw a BL9 but I thought they were asking too much for it, it was a used one too.
                      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                      that's all there is to Life!"

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Lightweight travel sewing machine

                        I highly recommend my Brother CS6001. It weighs 8 pounds comes with a hard cover, an extension table, a plethora of feet including an entire pouch of quilting accessories and feet, has a needle threader, and lots of stitches that are perfect for applique plus a one step buttonhole foot. I paid less than $200 for mine. My grandkids sew on it. I take it to classes and it just keeps on going and going.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Lightweight travel sewing machine

                          Janome has one at Walmart.com for around 50.00... it gets great reviews.... i have a Janome Jem (older model)..that is 12lbs. and a real workhorse... my friends cannot believe how i "pound" that think and it just keeps goinghere's a link to some Janomes at WallyWorld.....don't forget you can pick it up or take it back to the store easily if your not happy... the Hello Kitty is one that Jean liked and if you check the reviews you will see they are very good
                          http://www.walmart.com/ip/Janome-11-...11706/29677159

                          )
                          Originally posted by LindaKay75 View Post
                          Pat, how old is your machine now, did you buy it new, do you remember how much you paid for it? And have you been happy with it. While back I saw a BL9 but I thought they were asking too much for it, it was a used one too.
                          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                          that's all there is to Life!"

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Lightweight travel sewing machine

                            Originally posted by janbee View Post
                            I highly recommend my Brother CS6001. It weighs 8 pounds comes with a hard cover, an extension table, a plethora of feet including an entire pouch of quilting accessories and feet, has a needle threader, and lots of stitches that are perfect for applique plus a one step buttonhole foot. I paid less than $200 for mine. My grandkids sew on it. I take it to classes and it just keeps on going and going.
                            My DD has the cs6000. It has traveled all over with her and still going strong.
                            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

                            ― Albert Pine

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Lightweight travel sewing machine

                              Janome jem gold is the one I use. I think it is 12lbs. Great little machine. Paid about $200 but that was a long time ago.
                              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X