X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altairss
    replied
    Re: Batting, why didn't I make a test sample

I used it but FMQ it as well and had no problems so sorry your having problems maybe try another needle. Can't remember if this has a right or a wrong side like the regular warm and natural?

Leave a comment:

• stationarymom
    replied

So sorry you had to find this out the hard way.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

I think I would try different needles. I know when I am hand quilting I always struggle trying to find the needle that feels comfortable for that project.

Leave a comment:

• buzzy
    replied

I guess this batting was just the wrong choice for hand quilting. I remember the first quilt I hand quilted. I marked it with elaborate quilting lines and spent hours doing the work and none of my work showed up because the top was busy and the back was also wildly printed. Like you, I learned the hard way. I still love that quilt though!

Leave a comment:

• cindirae
    replied

I'm so sorry you're having hard time - how frustrating! I'm using Warm & Plush for the first time on my LA right now, and haven't had any problem with it. In fact, it's quilting up beautifully. I had hoped it was a smidge thicker, but it's really showing off the quilting wonderfully. I hope it gets easier for you as you get further along!

Leave a comment:

• Grey Lady
    replied

I used the Warm & Plush to make a heavier, warmer quilt for the fall. I liked it but I did fmq on it. According to the warm co. website, this batting is 50% thicker than W&N. I hope you still love your quilt when it is done.

Leave a comment:

• asta
    replied

So sorry you are having such difficulties. Thanks for sharing this info is nice to have, I was looking at this product the other day, it is all cotton and the warm & white I usually use is a cotton/poly blend.

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

I've never heard of warm and plush. So sorry this happened to you. I don't know anything about HQ, could you switch to a larger needle?

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    started a topic Batting, why didn't I make a test sample

Batting, why didn't I make a test sample

I am just kicking myself. Decided to try a new (to me) batting called Warm and Plush. It is about the same weight as Warm and Natural. I hq but the pkg says it can be used for either hand or machine quilting. I am never using this again! It is like quilting through shoe leather. I am way too far along to take all my stitches out and replace the batting. Grrrr##!!! In the future I will always make a test sample first!
Working...
X