Still Some Bargains at Hancocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Some Bargains at Hancocks

I went to Hancocks yesterday with the intention of buying the last bolt of Warm & White. I thought I remembered being 13.99 per yard, with 60% off, then another 10% for buying the last of the bolt. Well, it turned out to be 14.99 with 50% off and another 10% off. So I decided not to buy it. 20 yards of batting takes up a lot of room.
    But I did buy about 25 yards of quilters cotton, averaging about 1.80 per yard. Got 8 different fabrics, to add to the two I got on Saturday. I didn't have any particular projects in mind, just chose patterns and colors that appealed to me. Oddly enough, several of them go well together!

Re: Still Some Bargains at Hancocks

Sadly, there is no Hancocks anywhere near me. Thank goodness for Marshall's Dry Goods.

Comment

There won't be any Hancocks anywhere soon, alas. We don't have a JoAnn's in or near Cape Girardeau MO, so we only have Hobby Lobby, Walmart and one LQS. But of course, I still have M*!

Comment

Hmmm, I was at my local Hancock's on Sunday and they did have 40-60% off but all the prices we checked on found the "regular" price had been raised for example a 50 count pkg of wonder clips ($29.95 here at M*) were priced at 40% off price of $42.50, a good price but not really 40% off. Seems like everything we checked followed this same pattern, much cheaper to go across the street to JoAnn's and use the 40% off coupon.
        Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I just went to the two local stores near me. Almost nothing left that I could use.
          You also have to buy a minimum of two yards.

Comment

Also found at the Hancocks here that they did raise all prices before applying their 30% 40% 60% off going out of business sale prices. I haven't found any bargains yet because of the raised prices.

Comment

I've found the same thing, I haven't bought anything yet. There is still quite a bit left at our store, I'll keep checking, maybe once things are down to 80-90% off I'll buy then.
              Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

I haven't checked out the one here, lately, I will stop by to see how much is left. One thing to remember, on Tuesday's, is seniors discount day. My MIL and I have gotten some better buys that way. If their still doing that..... I can't remember, how much extra she could get off, but it helped anyways.

I hate their going out, that was the closest store to me, more convenient, to grab a necessity.

Right before Christmas, the after Thanksgiving sale, I lucked up and caught a set of Ottlite's , ( a floor lamp and a table lamp ), marked clearanced. They we're like 300. So, my MIL, and I went back on the SDD and got them even lower.I can say, I needed them,wanted them, and determined, it was a worthy investment, for me. The white lights make seeing my sewing, so much easier on my eye's, I've noticed less strain, and better work to-boot.
                So you might keep in mind, after season sales, and those little extras,are worth keeping an eye out for.
                Gifts and notions...... too.

I don't like to have to store big bulk stuff, but the little everyday essentials, thread, needles, scissors, ribbon or associates, I'm in.

What I will miss is the vintage looking fabrics, that I I have found there. I love those,and the guy working there, cutting for me, said... oh wow, just realized, you always pick the best fabrics, and... they're always, the vintage looking looking ones,....
                I smiled,..kinda embarrassed a little, thinking..... I've development a norm, with the fabric people, cause, the lady beside him, agreed.... lol. You know your a quilter when........rightt !'!! .........Too funny,Had to share that one.

Although, I have gotten more for my money at JoAnns. It's just a trip to get there,not real bad for the extra savings. I also like there willingness to help you get the best discounts. I couldn't believe the difference, it kinda stung,.....after I had been such a frequent customer over at Hancock and all.So I think they beat themselves , always trying to take advantage like marking up their price's while going out.... .. sad face.

I hope, if any of you see the Hancock prices drop to the 80%, you'll kindly share the news.I too think, at some point, they will push out their stock......
                good luck on some .......FINDS.

....Bee
                The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
                ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Hancocks did not raise their prices. The company was bought by a liquidation company and that company raised the prices. The only thing that remains the same at the stores is the name on the building and the employees. The prices will come down, and the end will be shortly after. The store near me was still getting deliveries the last time I was in there, which was about three weeks ago. As stores close down, they send the remaining merchandise to other stores and mine is one of those that get it. They told me that they would probably be open a few more months yet when I asked.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                    Hancocks did not raise their prices. The company was bought by a liquidation company and that company raised the prices. The only thing that remains the same at the stores is the name on the building and the employees. The prices will come down, and the end will be shortly after. The store near me was still getting deliveries the last time I was in there, which was about three weeks ago. As stores close down, they send the remaining merchandise to other stores and mine is one of those that get it. They told me that they would probably be open a few more months yet when I asked.
                    Pat, do you know who,
                    bought them out ? Where can I get my vintage favorites?
                    Thanks for the info....☺
                    Last edited by SewnByBee; June 23, 2016, 05:40 PM.

....Bee
                    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
                    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

SewnByBee, if the name of some of your favorite fabrics is on the selvage, maybe you could google it and find who else sells it.

Comment

Originally posted by SewnByBee View Post
                        Pat, do you know who,
                        bought them out ? Where can I get my vintage favorites?
                        Thanks for the info....☺
                        I don't know the name of the company. The gals at my store told me they really are no longer Hancocks, because of the liquidator that bought them, but they (the liquidators) are still using the name until they close.

Post pictures of what you are looking for and maybe we can find it for you.
                        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Thanks Pat......
                          Oh,... I'm just going to miss, thumbing through all of it. I just would luck up.....on really cool pieces I guess......I don't even know, who they we're made by.

Thanks for asking. If you find out who takes over, please, let me know.

I just like touching and feeling, and looking through the store.....sad face. Sorry your store is one of them. .....I don't even know where another one is in my area....I'll be looking......

....Bee

~~♡sigpic
                          ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

The liquidator is Great American Group. Prices have increased, then gradually reduced until all merchandise is gone. As stores empty out, they are shipping stuff to other stores. They are not honoring any discounts or gift cards from Hancock. Our local store is at 50-80% off now and the prices are just starting to get to what you can get at Joannes (with a coupon)

Comment

Our Hancock's had 70 percent off from the quilting cotton priced at 7.99, so I got 9 yards of three different fabrics, with the extra 10 percent for taking the last of the bolt, which wasn't offered, but when I didn't immediately say I would take the last 11 inches she then offered the ten percent.

Comment

Working...
                              X