Help with binding, please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with binding, please...

I usually "get" what kind of binging and/or birders my quilts need.... However, my Bonnie Hunter Tumbler Leasder Ender challenge quilt is giving me problems....

As usual, these days, there will be no border.... Just a binding... My mind's eye says to use a pink 30's fabric, but I don't have enough pink to make it around the quilt... So....I pulled these fabrics.... a light 30" a blue 30...with little dogs.....a soft striped blue, and a plain lavender...

What do you guys think? I really want to get this baby done, and in the mail to my Bruce, do I don't want to wait fir someone to have time to tske me shopping fir the pink I really want... Thanks!
    Attached Files

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Help with binding, please...

Seeing some small prints and maybe some older fabrics, I think I would chose the 1930 repro with the little dogs.

Comment

why not use the pink you have along with the other colors and do like a jelly roll strip where the colors change. Maybe cut the pieces so that they are a fourth or fifth of the length of a side. That would continue the colorful quilt theme you have going on.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LauraP View Post
        why not use the pink you have along with the other colors and do like a jelly roll strip where the colors change. Maybe cut the pieces so that they are a fourth or fifth of the length of a side. That would continue the colorful quilt theme you have going on.
        I really don't have much pink...maybe a few scraps... I have thought of making a scrappy binding, that would reflect the quilt itself....i of course there would be some link involved.... Hmmmm...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I like the blue or the green (or what looks to be green). Like LauraP I was going to suggest going scrappy with it too. It will be a fun quilt whichever way you go.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzyQue View Post
            Seeing some small prints and maybe some older fabrics, I think I would chose the 1930 repro with the little dogs.
            I do like the little dig fabric.... It's solid enough to actually frame the quilt, while still adding something.... Those cute little dogs...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I think the little dog fabric is cute and would look good. It looks like a really fun quilt.

Comment

I like the purple.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

I really like the little dog fabric.

Jeannette

Comment

Definitely the purple for me too Sandy.

Comment

The blue with the dogs will blend in very nicely. If you want something to pop, I suggest either the blue dogs or the blue stripe with a lavender flange.
                      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I don't care for the purple. I think I would make a pieced binding of the '30's fabrics. I've made pieced bindings from FQs--cut the long dimension of the FQ. You should be able to get several strips from a FQ. Jenny Doan one time made a pieced binding from 5"charms, which IMO is too small. Post a pic when you're done. It's a cute quilt.

Comment

Well..... I decided to go with the little dog! The purple would have made a great frame, but I couldn't resist....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Working...
                          X