Need Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Ideas

I just purchased the "All American" layer cake and planning to make a quilt that can be used on a grass field during the 4th of July. I don't think using any light colored fabric would be good for that use, so I thought I'd see if any of you have a good idea for a quilt pattern. I thought of the double slice pattern but maybe there is a better idea. Making stars would make sense for that event, but they have white in them.There is also a time crunch so I need to keep it simple.
    :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Re: Need Ideas

How about just using the squares in a checkerboard with denim? Simple and easy to throw in the wash.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Definitely denim! Use old jeans?

Also, someone sent me a Pinterest Pin a few months ago re: using a shower curtain on the back of a quilt to make a picnic blanket. I assume it's the cloth shower curtain that can be thrown in the washing machine. I thought this was a brilliant idea as they seem like they can take a beating more than quilting cotton.
      Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
      http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

Do you have the tumbler template? You could use that and maybe make the American Flag. I think Jenny did a tutorial on that???????
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Hi Brook,

I posted a similar question last week on the "Questions" portion of the forum. The answers I received were excellent. You might want to take a look.

SF Jen

Comment

You could use the squares as is and do the checkered board as suggested, but on the back use Bandana's. You can get a pack of two of the large ones and depending on the finish size you would only need two packs. I did this on the back of a cowboy quilt for my oldest grandson when he was 6 months old. He is now 8 and still sleeps under that blanket.

Comment

Working...
            X