Jeannies husbands star pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeannies husbands star pattern

Last night I saw a video of Jeannie doing a tutorial of a pattern her husband made. I think it was a star made on 10" squares and stripes of material. Has anyone else seen it?
    Kelly

Re: Jeannies husbands star pattern

Yes, it is a tutorial from a few months ago. Did you have a question about it, other than if people had seen it?
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Where can I find it?
      Kelly

Comment

I believe it is the Rising Star Block that Jenny's husband created that you are talking about. You can go to her YouTube videos and type in Rising Star Block and it should come up. I incorporated it into a table runner I recently made and it turned out beautifully. I would suggest that you make one with scrap fabric first so you get the idea as to how the star evolves. They were great fun to make. Hope this information helps.
        Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

It's also in Mod Block magazine Vol 2 Issue 1 if you want the whole pattern.

Comment

Is this the one you want ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCGg70m_0yg
            sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
            The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
            A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
            And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Yes that's it....the Rising Star block. I'm thinking about using 5" squares. So would I use 1 1/2" strips and sew at 1" or leave as instructed for the 10"? Today is my first day of holidays so I think I'll start today. Thanks ladies..
              Kelly

Comment

I used 5" blocks and 1 1/2 " x 7" strips. Depends how wide you want the finished star. My notes said I sewed the fabric 1 1/4" from edge. Two inches was just too far in. I've attached a photo of the runner so you can see but I didn't take a close up photo of the star and since it was a gift not convenient to do so now. That is why I think it is important to do a test block from scraps. It might seem to be a waste of fabric to do the test block but I would rather catch any problems before I cut into my project fabric.
                Attached Files
                Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

Awesome! I will do a test block. Thanks for the info. Nice table runner.
                  Kelly

Comment

Dang it! We NEED that like button back!
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                    X