Great time at Quilt Canada 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great time at Quilt Canada 2016

We had a wonderful time yesterday in Toronto at the Quilt Canada Exhibition. Our very own Monique came to visit and caught the motor coach to Toronto. We picked up my sister along the way in Napanee and what a great time we had. And then when we got to the International Centre we met up with Lynda. So nice to meet our Forum friends. It is truly amazing to me how people become friends on line.

We met up with Tracy from Maple Leaf Quilting Company from Cochrane Alberta. For Canadian (or American friends-great value for your dollar) it is worth looking at Tracy's web site if you are in need of some excellent long arm quilting by mail.

3 amigos and Tracy.jpg

We also met and had our pictures taken with Laura Coia the U tube quilter from Sew Very Easy-what a nice person and so friendly. I can't include the picture though because it was a polaroid so not on my phone.

I am only including a couple of pictures of us and the quilts but have lots more. The vendors were great and lots of beautiful quilts in the exhibit area. I will tell you we were tired campers by the end of the day but sew very happy with our 11 Row by Row licence plates and a "little" bit of fabric we just couldn't resist.

Well the 3 amigos there are upside down (and we didn't even have a glass of wine)- don't know why but I don't know how to fix it. These were a couple of my favourite quilts. The African Quilt was purchased for $42,000 this year by a Toronto company called "Lens Mills" Many Canadians will be familiar with this name. It was made by members from the Mennonite community from fabric which has been collected during missions to Africa. The Mennonite Central Committee will use the money form mission activities in Africa. It was stunning.

The mushrooms quilt was 3D and it was amazing.

3 amigos.jpgAfrica quilt.JPGMushrooms.JPG

Hope you enjoy some of our activities from yesterday.

I am envious of those participating in the MSQC grand opening. I watched the video and I know from being there twice before they were all having a wonderful time.

Have a great weekend.

Nan
    Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Re: Great time at Quilt Canada 2016

I'd love to see more of the quilts.

Comment

Warning this is picture heavy
      Monique may have more pictures as well but these are my favourites

This butterfly quilt was beautiful. The chain quilt, made with the Quick Curve ruler had incredible quilting-I took a few close ups of those.

butterfly.JPGchain.JPGchain detail.JPGchain detail 1.JPG

Here's another butterfly quilt that was quite beautiful

butterflys.JPG

This geranium was wonderful- see the lace cloth on the table- it looked so real.

geranium.JPG

The next two I called red and green but they were very beautiful

red.JPG

green.JPG

Hope you enjoy. I expect Monique will post some more once she gets home. It was a lovely show.
      Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

Comment

Thanks for sharing,I love seeing forum friends get together.The quilts are beautiful,was it a large show?
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Thanks for sharing your pics ... I like them too! And glad you all had a fun day. Everyone's looking good in the pic!

Comment

Nancy......thanks for the great update. Glad to hear you'll had so much fun. The quilt pictures are gorgeous.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

wow, those quilts are stunning! It sounds like y'all had fun. Too bad you only bought a little fabric! lol

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Nancy! Your pictures are wonderful. Absolutely love the geraniums! So glad you had such a great time. Wish I could have been with you and Monique.
                Peggiep
                "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Thanks for sharing. It never ceases to amaze me the talent and creativity people have.

Comment

Wow, what inspiration! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
                      Thanks for sharing,I love seeing forum friends get together.The quilts are beautiful,was it a large show?
                      You know I was thinking ahead of time that it would be bigger but it was really a nice size. Easy to see in one day, in the morning I thought we would be rushed but it was just right. That size makes it accessible to more people, when they don't have to stay overnight. Believe me though you could spend a lot more time if you are interested in buying a machine- I just skipped over that section as I wasn't in the market to buy anything like that.

I admire the vendors for moving in such lovely booths for such a short period of time. They do a lot of work to make it the success it is.
                      Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

Comment

So happy to see you gals enjoying the quilt show and giving us a glimpse of those awesome quilts. It blows my mind the amount of time and effort it took the quilters to design and make them.

Thanks for the photos of you gals, would love it if put a name to each gal. Also turned the threesome photo right side up.
                        canada show2.jpgcanada show.jpg

Comment

Thanks for sharing your pics with us. Those quilts are breath-taking! I kinda like the upside-down amigos
                          Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by MayinJerset View Post
                            So happy to see you gals enjoying the quilt show and giving us a glimpse of those awesome quilts. It blows my mind the amount of time and effort it took the quilters to design and make them.

Thanks for the photos of you gals, would love it if put a name to each gal. Also turned the threesome photo right side up.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]132079[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]132080[/ATTACH]
                            Thanks May
                            1st picture is me (Grandma Nan), Tracy Bentley the quilter from Maple Leaf quilting Company, Monique (from the forum) and my sister Pat on the other end. She is not on the Forum but we are trying to shame her into joining as she goes on the site almost everyday.

2nd picture
                            Pat, Monique, and me.
                            Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

Comment

That was a great show. I got to visit for a day and had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Comment

Working...
                              X