Clear All

Make an Easy Starburst Quilt with Jenny

It is New Tutorial day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-grDlGdebQI

Enjoy!
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Make an Easy Starburst Quilt with Jenny

Beautiful quilt!
    What is the finished size of each block? What is the size of the finished quilt?

Comment

And I LOVE this one... I just can't sew fast enough to make all these great designs)
      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

this is really interesting....thanks for posting the link Annika

Comment

I believe she said the quilt is 58 or 58 1/2 inches square. You only use 16 pieces of the layer cake so she said you could probably make two quilts.

Comment

I've had that pattern in my "wanna do" folder for ages. Only it called for 18 inch squares.. I guess I could double up with the 10 inch squares. Depends on how big I want to go. Yes, I will get to this ""someday""
            Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
            :icon_wave:

Comment

Another winner!
              Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Oh my goodness, I love this! Thanks, as always, for posting the link!

Comment

thanks for posting the link your appreciated

Comment

oh wow, love this one too....love all her tutorials....lots of projects for my retirement in 11 months and 14 days......
                    Sew sew sew.
                    So? So? So?

Comment

It would be nice to make it a little bigger, I guess the pattern messes up when you add in the HST from the rest of the layer cake. Perhaps a 4 patch border using the balance of the LC might work out. I do love the b/w look.

Comment

Originally posted by Angela J View Post
                        I believe she said the quilt is 58 or 58 1/2 inches square. You only use 16 pieces of the layer cake so she said you could probably make two quilts.
                        Thanks. I have severe hearing loss and captioning is awful.
                        I am still having trouble with block size. Is each HST about 4.5" unfinished size?
                        Last edited by sew-what2015; June 17, 2016, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sew-what2015 View Post
                          Thanks. I have severe hearing loss and captioning is awful.
                          I am still having trouble with block size. Is each HST about 4.5" unfinished size?
                          Hi sewwhat! Sorry to hear you don't like the captioning. I think it's pretty good and readable, too. Maybe something with your computer? Judging by the number of posts you have, you seem to be a newer member of the forum. You may not be aware that on the YouTube screen if you click on More beneath the video window a drop down list appears that has Transcript. You can follow along with the Transcript, and I believe that M* has gone back and created transcripts for all the past videos too. Also below the box is a link to click on supplies. That returns you to the M* page for that video that has the PDF file you can print out with all the pattern info as well as the fabrics & tools.

The HSTs created by using Jenny's Method will be 6.72". Look in my User Notes and you will find a chart with the HST sizes already calculated using Jenny's method. I have to say I did not do this math, and sadly, I didn't think to write in the person's name who did this when I put it in my user notes. I wish that person would say she did it so I could edit my note. A real time saver!

Hope this helps.

Comment

This one us a definute winner! How big are those HST's?

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
                              It would be nice to make it a little bigger, I guess the pattern messes up when you add in the HST from the rest of the layer cake. Perhaps a 4 patch border using the balance of the LC might work out. I do love the b/w look.
                              I would also like to make a bigger one. I don't have the wall space for a 58" square and it's not quite big enough for a throw (at my house). Four together would be too big. I have a B/W layer cake from Jennifer Sampou - just don't know how to enlarge it.
                              Cindy

Comment

Working...
                              X