Wish me luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish me luck!

The girls in my smsll wuilt guild...really just a clun, but new members like guild.....tske turns being Quern ?Bee.... The QB is responsible for the meeting's program... Guess whose turn it is today? Yep... It's me!

I enjoy teaching.... And have had a lot if experience teaching adults...It's always fun to pass something on..... However, it's been a while since I have had a turn, so I admit to bring a little nervous... OK....my tummy is a little fluttery... I want to do a goid job.

As we are always looking for simple techniques and patterns, for our charity and baby quilts, I have chosen to teach Tula Pink's LOLLY, and Jenny's Love Notes Stars.... I think the girls will love both... They have seen LOLLY, at Show and Tell....and seemed to like it... My blocks and sample quilts are all ready...

My big problem is that I lost points in my Love Notes Stars sample quilt...which you have all seen.... You have to understand that there are Quilter's in my group who do exquisite work.... Points awe perfect... I think I'm going to feel embarrassed in front of these talented ladies.... Oh well... I know the Project Linus child who gets it won't care...

Thanks for listening....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Wish me luck!

I am sure your quilt is.wonderful, don't compare yourself to others, enjoy where you are now in your journey. Good luck on your queen bee assignment sure it will be wonderful

Comment

You'll be great! You are teaching something to others and that is what is important! We all need to encourage, support, and educate folks who need it. That's what you are doing, Queen Bee! Don't stress yourself over what others may think of your points...it's not worth your energy...and besides, if anyone is a real crafter, they won't judge! They will admire! They were once not so talented and had to learn along the way! NO ONE is perfect! Enjoy this wonderful experience!!!
      [I]-Lynn :icon_hi:

Surround yourself with those who see the greatness within you.

Comment

Thank you, ladies! I will tske your words of encouragement eith me!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Good Luck today, Sandy. I'm sure you will do just fine.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Sounds like fun and I am sure they will come away with something they didn't know before.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

You'll do great! Remember Jenny's words of wisdom, " finished is better than perfect!" Gives me comfort when my points don't match up or get cut off!

Comment

So, maybe some of the quilters in our group do exquisite work! So do you. I've seen your posts and everything you do is great. Relax and enjoy your queen bee status
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

Comment

You are the Queen - let them eat cake.
                  ***Kathy***

Comment

Originally posted by klgls View Post
                    You are the Queen - let them eat cake.
                    That's Right - forge on Queen Bee.

Comment

Perfection and exquisiteness (is that a word?) can be intimidating. Your quilts are lovely. So some points are cut off. For a new quilter that is encouraging to see that long-time quilters don't always get everything exact. I think sometimes we inadvertently discourage newbies.

You are Queen Bee--show 'em your stuff!
                      The trail is the thing----Louis L'Amour

Comment

You will do great and I expect you will have lots of fun teaching today. It actually makes me feel better about myself when I see someone's quilt with a few flaws in it, crooked seams here and there, points not matching perfectly. Because that's the kind of quilter I am. I do the best I can and it is pretty good but nothing I make ever turns out without a couple mistakes. It is "my normal" and I'm just happy I am not the only one!

Comment

Originally posted by traildancer View Post
                          Perfection and exquisiteness (is that a word?) can be intimidating. Your quilts are lovely. So some points are cut off. For a new quilter that is encouraging to see that long-time quilters don't always get everything exact. I think sometimes we inadvertently discourage newbies.

You are Queen Bee--show 'em your stuff!
                          Thanks.... i really needed your encouragement... My presentation was OK..but I always feel do intimidated by the gorgeous work some of the girls do.... I'm feeling a little down tonight.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

You guys are great.... Thank you do much gir your encouragement.... When I saw dome of the work displayed today, at Show & Tell, I really wanted to take my guilts, and go home....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

no quilt police allowed. People went home from your meeting to try something new, you met your goal. AND some of them probably wanted to pack up their quilts and go home after they saw your beauties, amen yeah team captain

Comment

Working...
                              X