I'm so impatient!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so impatient!

Blimey! I placed my order on 6th June and it's only just arrived at ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) whatever that means. It'll probably get stuck at customs in UK too and I'll get whacked a hefty amount in customs charges. Hurry up you postal lot, I'm twiddling my thumbs here waiting to start a new project and don't know what to do with myself. Well, there's always housework and all those other mundane things like going to work. I suppose i'll just have to learn to be patient!

Re: I'm so impatient!

I know how you feel! I've been so spoiled with Amazon Prime 2-day shipping that if something takes longer than 2 days to arrive I go crazy. I have to have several projects going on at once so i always have something to work on. It helps to keep me sane.

Comment

Remember when we had to wait 4 - 6 weeks for shipping? And that was in the "continental US". We are really spoiled.
      One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Comment

Originally posted by Essex Girl UK View Post
        Blimey! I placed my order on 6th June and it's only just arrived at ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) whatever that means.
        It does take a long time for international orders to get to Chicago. Nine days to travel from Missouri to the next state over is excessive but that is the price we pay for less expensive shipping. But once the package is out of the hands of the shipping company used by M* and in Chicago, the process becomes much faster.

Basically, your package is on it's way to you and should get there in a week or so unless it gets picked by your country's border/customs for inspection.

Comment

An update for you. This morning I received a letter from Parcelforce notifying me that I need to pay 24GBP (that's 36 US dollars) for import VAT and customs clearance before they will release my parcel for delivery. So my order was $95 plus $25 shipping plus $36 import fees making a total of $156. I make that 65% over the cost of my order. I think it is hit or miss as to whether they decide to charge these fees because I haven't always been this unlucky. I really will need to question whether I buy overseas in future which is such a shame because we don't have the quality and choice over here in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Essex Girl UK View Post
            An update for you. This morning I received a letter from Parcelforce notifying me that I need to pay 24GBP (that's 36 US dollars) for import VAT and customs clearance before they will release my parcel for delivery. So my order was $95 plus $25 shipping plus $36 import fees making a total of $156. I make that 65% over the cost of my order. I think it is hit or miss as to whether they decide to charge these fees because I haven't always been this unlucky. I really will need to question whether I buy overseas in future which is such a shame because we don't have the quality and choice over here in the UK.
            OUCH! Do you always get hit with import fees like that? In Canada, it is purely hit or miss whether I get hit with duty/taxes on items coming from the US. So far, for my 3 M* orders, I haven't had to pay duty.

Comment

Hi, Lyndaj. I've placed 4 orders in the past, 2 of which Ive had charges like this. $24 import tax and $12 for a 'clearance fee'. So it does look like it is hit or miss. Oh well, never mind....still looking forward to receiving my parcel and getting started on my next project.

Comment

Working...
              X