Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative Grids Stripology Ruler and which Rotary Cutter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creative Grids Stripology Ruler and which Rotary Cutter?

I use a Fiskars Rotary cutter. I like it because, well, it is what I have and I have never cut myself with it. After reading @Kenz 's rotary cutter for a 11 year old, I realized how lucky I have been. Anyway, which rotary cutter would you recommend for this ruler.

Re: Creative Grids Stripology Ruler and which Rotary Cutter?

I would think any rotary cutter would work fine.
    I currently use my Olfa 45mm rotary cutter, and it works perfectly with the Stripology ruler.
    I, personally, would not go smaller than 45mm.

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
    The Farmmyfarm

Comment

Is the 45 the size of a quarter? When I buy blades I always think in terms of coins, like I need the quarter size or the fifty cent size. When someone refers to the actual blade size I can never remember which is which.

Comment

45mm is the size of a half dollar,jj.

Any 45mm or 60mm cutter will work on the Stripology ruler. I don't, however, recommend one that retracts the blade when you take pressure off the cutter. Use one where the blade is exposed until you close it.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I use the Olfa Splash... It works well eith my Stripology...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I'm amazed that everyone is getting along all right with a 45 mm cutter. I was having so much trouble with my stripology, I really thought I had wasted the money. Then in an earlier thread, someone mentioned using a bigger cutter, so I bought a 60 mm and now get along just fine. May only be me, but be warned, I needed a 60 mm to get along with mine. Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by oldsewer View Post
              I'm amazed that everyone is getting along all right with a 45 mm cutter. I was having so much trouble with my stripology, I really thought I had wasted the money. Then in an earlier thread, someone mentioned using a bigger cutter, so I bought a 60 mm and now get along just fine. May only be me, but be warned, I needed a 60 mm to get along with mine. Sharon
              I use the Splash... I have teo..one Aqua, and one purple.... Both are 45's... Why do you think the 60 is working so well? I'd really like to know....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Working...
              X