Seam Guide Tip from Bonnie Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seam Guide Tip from Bonnie Hunter

My machine doesn't have a quarter inch foot...so I have to improvise. I tried a few things and then found this link by searching the M* forum. Bonnie Hunter posted this tip on her blog. I bought the Scotch Restickable Strips and put on one the sewing machine bed and it works great! I did not add another edge on top of the strip like Bonnie did but either way should work well. It is a pack of 6 strips for between $4 & $5...instead of $8 to $10 for the purple seam guides for quilters. Just thought I would repost this tip for those like me who need help keeping a straight quarter inch seam. Here's a picture of mine and the to Bonnie's blog tip.

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2012/...-saturday.html

P1012719.jpg
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Re: Seam Guide Tip from Bonnie Hunter

That's a great tip even if you have the foot. Sometimes when your eyes get tired you can still go off a little.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I think I will use that idea on my new machine. I don't particularly like the screw-on seam guide that came with the machine. It gets in the way of pins the way I use them, and catches threads that makes the fabric bunch up behind the machine.

Comment

Thanks for posting that tip. I have a weakness for gadgets, but I think those purple guide things are ridiculously expensive. This tape sounds much more reasonable. I'm passing this tip along to my friend who is teaching her niece to sew.

Comment

Going to try this. Anything to make those seams more consistent.

Comment

Working...
          X