Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singer Featherweight - 221K (4) - DOB 4th March 1953 -What is it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geegeequilts
    replied
    Re: Singer Featherweight - 221K (4) - DOB 4th March 1953 -What is it worth?

I have 3 Featherweights, 2 black ones & 1 that's "barely green". It's called celery & paid $100 for her. The black ones were $225 & $80. Been looking for the elusive white but haven't located it yet. Found the notoriously elusive 222K but saw 1 priced $1200. Too rich for my blood. I did read that they are more common in Canada. A friend (?) of mine wanted to buy one of my black Featherweights but wanted to pay a lot less than what I had. Since she just wants what I have not to mentione she doesn't quilt I said no.

Gina

Leave a comment:

• Cool Breeze Quilter
    replied

I got mine about 5 years ago and paid $250 for her.

Leave a comment:

• SisterDi
    replied

It peeves me slightly that folks mark these machines up because quilters desire them. We use our machines, we don't park them in lots and bank vaults to be ogled and considered investments.

I'm a horrible excuse for a capitalist, though. If I owned a quilting or resale shop, I'd make juuuust enough to keep the lights on and keep myself in fabric and notions, nothing more. Ha, who am I kidding? I'd lose money because I give away most of the things I produce.

Leave a comment:

• Aussiejan
    replied

Thank you all! I'll update my will ("do not sell at garage sale")! I have found the perfect place to display this little cutie for all to see. Totally delighted to own (and use) such a treasure! Cheers Jan

Leave a comment:

• mallorypm
    replied

I found mine in the trash, it was a neighbor moving and the kids didn't want it so they set it out for trash pick up. Well I ask my hubby to go over and pick it up. At the time I though it was just a small table, he told me Pam it's heaven I told him just bring it home. We open it up and everything was smiling right up to me. All of the feet,book, and the sewing bench.
    That was just my lucky day.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

I've never seen the 222 in person, but there is someone in my area that sells them for about $1100!!

Leave a comment:

• Carolnnc
    replied

Originally posted by Snip Snip View Post
    Carolnnc is flinging herself on the floor right now.
    Yep! It was an ugly scene but the cat loved it! I think I need to get out to the thrift shops more. I do love to hear of others good fortune though.

Leave a comment:

• Carolnnc
    replied

Originally posted by Monique View Post
    They do vary in price. To you it will be priceless. Congratulations, I have 2 of them. One I paid $140 and the other was $40.
    Whine.....but I'm happy for your find!

Leave a comment:

• SewnByBee
    replied

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
    Bee...The Singer 222s are pretty hard to find. The 221 Featherweight is not that hard to find. There are dealers online. Just do a search on Google for Singer Featherweight 221. I got one of mine on eBay and the others came from flea markets. Expect to pay $125 to $400. I have seen them in quilt shops for more than $700.

FYI....the only sew straight forward and in reverse. This may or may not be the machine your DD would want.
    Barb, thank you dear.
    I don't know, that'SOUNDS pretty cool !!!
    I found a Elna + Swrger set....
    We we're thinking graduation gift. Maybe???
    Let me know Pm if you have recommendation. TY.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Bee...The Singer 222s are pretty hard to find. The 221 Featherweight is not that hard to find. There are dealers online. Just do a search on Google for Singer Featherweight 221. I got one of mine on eBay and the others came from flea markets. Expect to pay $125 to $400. I have seen them in quilt shops for more than $700.

FYI....the only sew straight forward and in reverse. This may or may not be the machine your DD would want.

Leave a comment:

• SewnByBee
    replied

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Around here they go for between $250 to $300 for a 221. I would love to find a reasonable 222 (the Featherweight with a freearm) but they are closer to $800.
    Welcome, and let us know how she does.

Karen, question about the 222.....I've. Been looking for a good little machine for my daughter........ since moving out she no longer has access, to my BL 'Liz ....Can you ladies please tell me where I can find a featherweight, please......and which ones are better....I like the sound of that 222. .....Ty.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

My featherweight was not $10, but one of my 99's was. Found it in the Goodwill up in Seattle one day. My other, which is marked made in Great Britain was $70.

Good thing MM collects computers and stereos!!

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Around here they go for between $250 to $300 for a 221. I would love to find a reasonable 222 (the Featherweight with a freearm) but they are closer to $800.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Originally posted by Snip Snip View Post
    So am I! I got mine from eBay and paid about $250 for her. I remember being at my dealer's shop one day when a lady and man brought a Featherweight in for service. They were on the fence whether they should pay to have it serviced or just get a new machine. Several of us were circling around hoping she wanted a new machine so we could buy her Featherweight! The dealer was cool, didn't flinch either way to try to influence her decision. Darn, she decided to keep her Featherweight! Keep looking!

I just found a model 99 at an auction. Paid $50 for it. The 99 is a little bigger than the Featherweight but is considered a 3/4 size machine. This one sews like a dream! So as my collection of vintage machines grows, I get happier and happier!

Leave a comment:

• Snip Snip
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X