Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singer Featherweight - 221K (4) - DOB 4th March 1953 -What is it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Singer Featherweight - 221K (4) - DOB 4th March 1953 -What is it worth?

Thank you all! I'll update my will ("do not sell at garage sale")! I have found the perfect place to display this little cutie for all to see. Totally delighted to own (and use) such a treasure! Cheers Jan

Comment

It peeves me slightly that folks mark these machines up because quilters desire them. We use our machines, we don't park them in lots and bank vaults to be ogled and considered investments.

I'm a horrible excuse for a capitalist, though. If I owned a quilting or resale shop, I'd make juuuust enough to keep the lights on and keep myself in fabric and notions, nothing more. Ha, who am I kidding? I'd lose money because I give away most of the things I produce.

Comment

I got mine about 5 years ago and paid $250 for her.

Comment

I have 3 Featherweights, 2 black ones & 1 that's "barely green". It's called celery & paid $100 for her. The black ones were $225 & $80. Been looking for the elusive white but haven't located it yet. Found the notoriously elusive 222K but saw 1 priced $1200. Too rich for my blood. I did read that they are more common in Canada. A friend (?) of mine wanted to buy one of my black Featherweights but wanted to pay a lot less than what I had. Since she just wants what I have not to mentione she doesn't quilt I said no.

Gina

Comment

Working...
          X