zippers, D rings and my first zipper bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zippers, D rings and my first zipper bag

Well, I finally strayed from my quilting to try my hand at one of those zippered bags you all talk about. Here it is. I am going to have to practice to get my finish work up to par but all in all, I'm fairly happy.
    However, each bag is going to take 3 zippers and 2 rings so I spend hours on the internet looking for a good deal. I found 33 eleven inch zippers in asst. colors on amazon for $7.99. D rings were another matter. I wanted something larger than 1 inch. They were going to cost close to $1 each which wasn't working for me. I mentioned it to DH and he went to his trapping and hunting sights and found 100 1 1/2 inch ones at Springfield (I think he said trapping) but now my mind is a blank. Anyway, with shipping 100 of them for $22.
    So, if price matters, I thought I would mention these finds.myfirstzipperbag.jpg
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: zippers, D rings and my first zipper bag

Love the colors!
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Very nice!!

Jeannette

Comment

That's a nice looking bag. What pattern did you use? I get my zippers from Amazon too. Can't beat that price. Thanks for the tip on the D-rings.

Comment

I get my zippers from Cleanerssupply.com. I buy 18" ones so I can cut them to the size I need. I normally buy enough that they are about 32c each. You can pick and choose your colors too....I normally get a few white, lots of black, navy blue, maroon, lime green and some brown.

I drive up to Seattle for my D rings, but I don't get them as big as you did. I get the 1/2" size and pay 5c each, but you have to buy 100 at a time.

Check this site.....

http://www.seattlefabrics.com/loops.html
          Last edited by bubba; June 9, 2016, 10:43 PM.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Nice. Is that the tablet bag from Connecting Threads?

Comment

I get bag hardware from various sites amazon, etsy, ebay...just watch they don't come from China or you will wait 6 months for your order and it won't be right when you get it...ask me how I know!
              sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
              Time spent with cats is never wasted.
              Sigmund Freud

Comment

Nice bag --- thanks for hints on where to buy accessories

Comment

I bought a kit on connecting threads and it was on sale for $13.?? It had 3 1/2 yds of fabric and a pattern. I was disappointed because I figured a kit would have what I needed to make a bag. But, oh no. No zippers, no batting, no d rings. Just 1/2 yd pieces of fabric. The pattern was alright. A bit confusing on how the zippers went in, but I plunged ahead and figured that part out. What I wanted was the dimentions of the pieces and it gave me those although just telling me to cut 1= 9 1/2 x 16 etc would have been far easier than the way they had it laid out. I do believe with some tweeking, it can be made easier. I'd like to try turning it inside out and putting a braid trim on the outside. Anyway, I'm glad there are people out there that are willing to write patterns for us because just seeing a pattern once, makes it easier to go on to create our own.
                  Originally posted by quiltsRfun View Post
                  That's a nice looking bag. What pattern did you use? I get my zippers from Amazon too. Can't beat that price. Thanks for the tip on the D-rings.
                  Terry

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                    Well, I finally strayed from my quilting to try my hand at one of those zippered bags you all talk about. Here it is. I am going to have to practice to get my finish work up to par but all in all, I'm fairly happy.
                    However, each bag is going to take 3 zippers and 2 rings so I spend hours on the internet looking for a good deal. I found 33 eleven inch zippers in asst. colors on amazon for $7.99. D rings were another matter. I wanted something larger than 1 inch. Springfield leather company is the name of the company with the D rings,They were going to cost close to $1 each which wasn't working for me. I mentioned it to DH and he went to his trapping and hunting sights and found 100 1 1/2 inch ones at Springfield (I think he said trapping) but now my mind is a blank. Anyway, with shipping 100 of them for $24
                    So, if price matters, I thought I would mention these finds.[ATTACH=CONFIG]131743[/ATTACH]
                    Springfield Leather Company is the name of the company with the D rings.
                    Terry

Comment

Working...
                    X