Looking for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for...

after yeas of making tiny hand quilting stitches, I am trying the Big Stitch method....and finding that I need something to help pull the needle through the fabric.... I know people use those little thin rubber thingies, but can't find them.. I think they are called finger cots...

Does anyone know where I can get these little grippers?

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Looking for...

I know Walgreens have them. In the medical section. My neighbor had gave me some but I haven't used them. I have seen them at Walgreens, I would guess the others like CVS or Walmart would have them also.

Comment

If you can't find the grippers, use a deflated balloon.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I use a little strip of leftover kitchen shelf liner. Also works well for hard to open screw top bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by deedum View Post
          I know Walgreens have them. In the medical section. My neighbor had gave me some but I haven't used them. I have seen them at Walgreens, I would guess the others like CVS or Walmart would have them also.

Never thought of looking in a pharmacy! Thanks... I found dome on Amazon, but it would be easier to pick them up at Kroger's, or a drugstore... I just didn't know ehat I was actually looking for.. Thanks!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I haven't tried big stitch quilting yet but for regular hand quilting I keep a pair of pliers with my hand quilting supplies and use the pliers to pull the needles through if it doesn't want to go through. Works every time.

Comment

These would work....

thimble.jpg

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...himbles-3-pack
              Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Sandy, they're a little pricier but these work the best for me and so far haven't worn out. They just work so well and are frustration free so I can concentrate on my stitches. I keep them in a small zipper pouch with my needles, so they never get lost. I found them cheap on Amazon once, went back for the larger size and ended up buying from M*, so you might price check them to find a good deal. They come S, M, L. I don't have giant man hands but my hands are on the larger side. I found I needed the L for my thumb and middle finger, the M fits my index snugly.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...rubber-thimble

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/browse?q=Cot

image.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                X