What type Interfacing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type Interfacing??

For some reason I "caught" The Tote bug! Question ??????
    Directions comment on fusable interfacing for lining. What type do you suggestion?
    My thoughts you want some "body" but not stiff.
    I am so brain dead now due to hubby's upcoming knee replacement (like, next week!)

Thanks

Re: What type Interfacing??

On the bags that I have made they have all used Pellon SF101 for the interfacing on the lining.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Oh Thank you!

Comment

Rats! The Pellon SF101 suggested is only online at JaAnn's and I do not need an entire bolt!

Comment

Found it at Hobby Lobby

Comment

Walmart carries SF101 as well, just in case.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Thanks but, my local WalMart does not carry fabric

Comment

You may want to consider ordering it online through Walmart and having it shipped to your local store. I believe there are no shipping charges that way.

Comment

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...-flex-15-x-2yd

I think I've bought it by the yard from M* as well. Just search for shape flex, it's probably there. Oddly it doesn't come up if I search for Pellon.

* don't iron the heck out of fusible, it can harden and pucker the adhesive, just iron enough to stick

Comment

I just made a messenger bag using fusible fleece, which gave a nice feel to the finished product. But I like to put a lightweight fusible interfacing to the back of the fabric (or patchwork) before I fuse it to the fleece. For some reason if you only use the fleece, it gets a little "weepy" looking after awhile. Looks very professional using the two.
                    I also like using the SF101 if I want a bag with a little less structure. I actually bought a bolt of it from Jo-Ann's during the online sale last month.

Comment

I just finished a tote, with Jean's help of course- see her user notes. I did my lining a little differently. I used Heat -n-Bond Iron on Vinyl and ironed it to the inside - wrong side - of the lining. For two reasons: 1. it makes the tote water- resistant so the bag can sit in a puddle or a mess on the counter or get rained on and the contents stay dry, 2. It makes the inside really tough. As in scissors or seam rippers or knitting needles won't make holes. I used fusible fleece on the inside of the front fabric. Together it works out to be a nice finish. A little crinkly sounding but a really nice bag. If only I could post a picture.

Comment

Working...
                      X