• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wende
    replied
    Re: Cutting Mat advice/suggestions needed

Originally posted by bubba View Post
    My mat is yellow on one side and lavender on the other. I have another that is all white and made from recycled pop bottles that I got at Sew Expo and use for cutting fleece.
    Sounds like you may have a Martelli mat. I'm going to try it out. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Wende
    replied

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    I have a Martelli mat, which is violet on one side and yellow on the other. It is an incredibly durable mat, about 50% thicker than an Olfa mat. It is also quite expensive. You might want to sign up for their eMails, then wait until they have one of their frequent 50% off sales. But I can assure you that dark fabrics show up quite nicely on that yellow cutting mat!
    I will definitely check it out-thank you!!

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

My mat is yellow on one side and lavender on the other. I have another that is all white and made from recycled pop bottles that I got at Sew Expo and use for cutting fleece.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied

I have a Martelli mat, which is violet on one side and yellow on the other. It is an incredibly durable mat, about 50% thicker than an Olfa mat. It is also quite expensive. You might want to sign up for their eMails, then wait until they have one of their frequent 50% off sales. But I can assure you that dark fabrics show up quite nicely on that yellow cutting mat!

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied

Have you tried flipping it over? Not sure if the Olfa brand are gray on the back, but many mats are.

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

I have an olfa mat and have never had a problem but I also cut at the kitchen table with a ceiling fan and light overhead

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

I have a gooseneck table lamp over mine. Try that first if you have one around. My cutting table is in front of a sunny window and don't use it that often.

Leave a comment:

• Wende
    started a topic Cutting Mat advice/suggestions needed

Cutting Mat advice/suggestions needed

I've been working with a lot of dark fabrics lately and they don't show up well on my Olfa cutting mats. Does anyone have a different mat that would work with darker fabrics? Or is there another way to work with the green ones that I have?
    Last edited by Wende; June 6, 2016, 03:52 PM.
Working...
X