Cutting Mat advice/suggestions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting Mat advice/suggestions needed

I've been working with a lot of dark fabrics lately and they don't show up well on my Olfa cutting mats. Does anyone have a different mat that would work with darker fabrics? Or is there another way to work with the green ones that I have?
    Last edited by Wende; June 6, 2016, 02:52 PM.

Re: Cutting Mat advice/suggestions needed

I have a gooseneck table lamp over mine. Try that first if you have one around. My cutting table is in front of a sunny window and don't use it that often.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I have an olfa mat and have never had a problem but I also cut at the kitchen table with a ceiling fan and light overhead
      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
      Sigmund Freud

Comment

Have you tried flipping it over? Not sure if the Olfa brand are gray on the back, but many mats are.

Comment

I have a Martelli mat, which is violet on one side and yellow on the other. It is an incredibly durable mat, about 50% thicker than an Olfa mat. It is also quite expensive. You might want to sign up for their eMails, then wait until they have one of their frequent 50% off sales. But I can assure you that dark fabrics show up quite nicely on that yellow cutting mat!
          Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

My mat is yellow on one side and lavender on the other. I have another that is all white and made from recycled pop bottles that I got at Sew Expo and use for cutting fleece.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
              I have a Martelli mat, which is violet on one side and yellow on the other. It is an incredibly durable mat, about 50% thicker than an Olfa mat. It is also quite expensive. You might want to sign up for their eMails, then wait until they have one of their frequent 50% off sales. But I can assure you that dark fabrics show up quite nicely on that yellow cutting mat!
              I will definitely check it out-thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                My mat is yellow on one side and lavender on the other. I have another that is all white and made from recycled pop bottles that I got at Sew Expo and use for cutting fleece.
                Sounds like you may have a Martelli mat. I'm going to try it out. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X