Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Absolutely IN LOVE.......with vintage sheet quilts!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely IN LOVE.......with vintage sheet quilts!!!!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I am just head over heels with vintage sheet quilts!
    They are all over pinterest and etsy, you should really all take a peak!
    These are just a tiny sampling of the eye candy you will see!
    vq2.jpgvq3.jpgvq1.jpg

I have been scoping out resale shops in my area and have found some adorable vintage sheets for $1-4 dollars each! Talk about a deal and they are so soft!

I am almost done with one and cannot wait to start another!

I would personally like to invite EVERYONE to join the Vintage Sheet Fat Quarter Swap that is going on right now here! Currently there are only 4 of us signed up, but it would be so awesome to have a few more of my fellow forum members join! I guarantee you will not regret it!!! I think the deadline for sign up is this month. Head to your local resale shop and see what treasures await you there!!
    Happy Quilting!

Re: Absolutely IN LOVE.......with vintage sheet quilts!!!!

I just wonder if they will hold up assuming old sheets have been washed so many times. I don't think I would make one out of a pattern that takes a lot of time to make, but I'd definitely consider something quick to make out of them. That way if it doesn't hold up I wouldn't have much time or labor invested.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

If you want to see what someone does with vintage sheets go on facebook, search for recycled quilts, which is "taffy pulls" the quilting dragqueen. He breaks all the rules in quilting and creates the most beautiful quilts. He also has done some of Bonnie Hunter's scrap quilts. You should see the way he bastes his queen quilt on a table in a condo that is only 280 sf.

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
        I just wonder if they will hold up assuming old sheets have been washed so many times. I don't think I would make one out of a pattern that takes a lot of time to make, but I'd definitely consider something quick to make out of them. That way if it doesn't hold up I wouldn't have much time or labor invested.
        I love the simplicity of square blocks with vintage sheet quilts!
        And if you have good quality sheets, they will last a long time!
        The sheets from that era are great for quilting!
        Today's sheets, not so much! You can't really compare them, apples and oranges!
        Happy Quilting!

Comment

Originally posted by surfergirl View Post
          If you want to see what someone does with vintage sheets go on facebook, search for recycled quilts, which is "taffy pulls" the quilting dragqueen. He breaks all the rules in quilting and creates the most beautiful quilts. He also has done some of Bonnie Hunter's scrap quilts. You should see the way he bastes his queen quilt on a table in a condo that is only 280 sf.
          He's got that one on his YouTube channel, for those of us who don't use Facebook...

Comment

You know, I'm pretty "vintage" myself, and I just don't remember those brightly colored sheets. Some pale prints, yes, but that was the only thing I remember. There were a lot of polyester blend sheets in the 70's, I think, in bright prints, but they pilled so bad, I wouldn't want a quilt made out of them.
            Of course, I lived in a small town. Maybe those were available elsewhere. Lots of things weren't heard of where I come from, lol!

Comment

I' ve been following "Taffy" for some time, and love him.... I started watching his videos when he lived in Maine... The guy is a genius... It's been fun to watch his quilting evolve over the years.... He's a natural teacher.... And his passion for quilting is an inspiration...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by kimsophia View Post
                He's got that one on his YouTube channel, for those of us who don't use Facebook...
                UTube is where I discovered him... He is now doing longer videos on FB... But there are lots if uTube videos...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I love vintage sheets, I have been collecting them for a while now (planning a quilt). The think I notice is that they are a better quality than what I can buy, most are very pretty. I have had good luck finding them still new in the package at thrift shops

Thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Carah View Post
                    I love vintage sheets, I have been collecting them for a while now (planning a quilt). The think I notice is that they are a better quality than what I can buy, most are very pretty. I have had good luck finding them still new in the package at thrift shops

Thanks for the link.
                    Vintage sheets did pill back in the day, but those were mainly the fitted sheets that were guilty. Because some did not even use the flat sheets, you can find them in excellent condition. I also like the idea of using vintage pillowcases and am now for the lookout of those. And it is not limited to reg size sheets, even crib sheets will work. Come join us for a great variety. Turn one sheet into many different fat quarters suitable for whatever craft you desire to make for pennies on the dollar!
                    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Those are so pretty! There's a guy on uTube who does a lot with vintage sheets...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

This is the guy I was referring to..... He flies amazing thungs with vintage sheets....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I just looked on Pinterest, and wow.... Eye candy is right! I thunk I might actually have at least one vintage sheet in my linen closet....and I'm going to be in the lookout for more.

I, too love the simple quilty look of simple squares.... You really can't beat that look...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Google Vintage Sheet Quilts, and you eill see a lot of pretty quilts!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I am getting so excited! Only a couple weeks to go before our vintage sheet swap closes. Right now we are up to 8 fat quarters per person. A nice way to recycle some pretties you may have in your closets.
                              Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X