My 6 month challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My 6 month challenge!

Here's the problem folks, fabric, like clothing is seasonal in color. I have learned this from the Shriners Quilt raffle (see user notes) When I began, the first quilts were spring colors. People were awed by the pinks and greens and easter egg colors, then summer began and they really loved the really bright fabrics. Some of the quilts I have made are in browns and blues and people are ignoring them. But just wait...come fall they will be the primadonnas . So, if you fail to buy any fabrics for 6 months, you lose the wonderful feeling of colors by seasons. That's why we accumulate fabric. We buy it on sale but it doesn't appeal to us to sew it because its time has passed and it hasn't come back around yet. We MUST have stash! If I hadn't had stash in January, I could not have made the quilts for the raffle that I did. I used it all up and thanks to a very generous donor was given some wonderful fabrics to finish my projects.
    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
    Terry of NC

Comment

So hard to diet when scrumptious layer cakes are the DD.
      Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

What was I thinking?!? Got an email reminding me of a local shops biannual sale....all fabric on bolts 40% off this coming Tuesday thru Saturday. I may need a special dispensation here!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Sorry, I just can't do it. My local fabric store has quilters cotton for $2.99 a yard. I bought a bolt of Riley Blake yesterday and may go back for more.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
            What was I thinking?!? Got an email reminding me of a local shops biannual sale....all fabric on bolts 40% off this coming Tuesday thru Saturday. I may need a special dispensation here!
            (Waving Wand) .... Dispensation granted. Then, get back on that wagon with us for the next 6 months!
            Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
            http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
              Sorry, I just can't do it. My local fabric store has quilters cotton for $2.99 a yard. I bought a bolt of Riley Blake yesterday and may go back for more.

Uhhhh, $2.99/yard for Riley Blake? That doesn't even count as spending money on fabric, does it?
              Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
              http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

Oh Wow, all those sales you guys have on the mainland that we don't have here in Hawaii, ouch! I am staying strong, and will admire all those quilts you make from your new stuff. Always wanted to make a red and white quilt, did that but still have a lot of red left, so I am going to make some flashy, smashy flambouyant wallhanging with all the bright stuff. Will keep you all posted

Comment

I thought about it, if there is one thing I do not need it is more fabric. But I look at it this way, another quilter will come along at my estate sale and I will make her very happy! That makes me happy also. Have you seen the previews for the fall releases? Eighteen on preview over at FQS. I am not helping much, but I do wish you good luck.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X